THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:51 am 

We are going down without a doubt. One of those seasons where everything has gone wrong and it has been that way since July.

On the plus side, a season like this presents a very good plan and strategy for next season. Namely, take this seasons plan and write it down each part in a numbered list on the left hand side of a whiteboard. Then on the right hand side write down the exact opposite of what is written on the left hand side. The right hand side is our plan for 2023/24.

I genuinely think that there was an arrogance at the club at the root of our downfall. Some of the decisions- rookie managers, random cheap players from Ireland, the ‘MK way ‘, it all looks so good when it all comes off - almost alchemy, the envy of other clubs of our size. Of course, it looks like near deliberate footballing destruction and absolutely stupid when it doesn’t.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:55 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
League 2 midfield

Josh - leading 2 midfielder if fit.
Matt Smith - who knows L2 might be his level, although I doubt it.
Ethan Robson - surely he fallen below L2 standard
Nathan Holland - underrated in my opinion. Good enough for L2
Johnson- get the heck out of here. I would pack his bags
Conor Grant - didn't he have a good season in L2.
Dan Kemp - L2 is definitely his level.
Dawson Devoy - shown enough if we can keep him.
Burns - needs to show more

You say we can't carry eisa but have no problems with the 60 minute man??? I'd rather keep eisa and sack off mceachran tbh. least mo can go for a whole game and do you not think the lack of a decent playmaker is what makes your cristim of eisa even more pronounced? Play the ball to his feet he can work something. But he doesn't get the service and mceachran is part of that problem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:29 am 

Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
League 2 midfield

You say we can't carry eisa but have no problems with the 60 minute man??? I'd rather keep eisa and sack off mceachran tbh. least mo can go for a whole game and do you not think the lack of a decent playmaker is what makes your cristim of eisa even more pronounced? Play the ball to his feet he can work something. But he doesn't get the service and mceachran is part of that problem

Mo's a one trick pony and without a player like McE he's a waste. Far better to save the wages he must be on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:30 am 

WellDon’s Opener, Harvie’s interview and Ger’s comment sums up the situation to a tee.
There’s no point in blaming individual players. We’re not in this situation just because Johnson is rubbish or McEachran needs an iron lung to get past the 60 minute mark.
It’s been obvious from early November that the whole squad is painfully weak and equally obvious that the January window didn’t provide the necessary sticking plaster.
Equally there’s no point in blaming Jackson. The poor bloke hasn’t got a prayer working with what he’s got. All he can do, as he hinted in his interview, is find a formation that minimises the players weaknesses. Established Clubs like Notts County and Wrexham have a large loyal fan base who will support their Club through thin and thin. We don’t and as a result I shudder to think what the start of next season will look like.
I hate to say it but just now I think Ger’s right. We’re well and truly ****ed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:36 am 

The microphone is in place The Fat Lady is gargling and learning her words[/quote]

Actually she is halfway through the first verse.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:39 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
League 2 midfield

Mo's a one trick pony and without a player like McE he's a waste. Far better to save the wages he must be on.

What are you saving so not only do you want us to go out and buy another striker but also someone to help mceachran when he inevitably falls on his arse cause he is too knackered. That two players that we would need. Get rid of the dead wood or at least the ones that struggle

It's also hillarious to see that 12 months ago we were bemoaning eisas injury due to Connor Wickham being the replacement and that "out season fell apart" cause eisa got injured and was replaced by shit. Fickle people. Very fickle people. Yes he may sign elsewhere and bang in the goals but to say he is not worth the money is a joke or we can't afford him. According to what I found he is on £3.9k a week. Mceachran is on £3.1k hardly a big difference if what I see is accurate. Johnson Lawrence grigg and tucker are the ones that are ripping us off.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/milton-keynes-dons/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:45 am 

Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
League 2 midfield

What are you saving so not only do you want us to go out and buy another striker but also someone to help mceachran when he inevitably falls on his arse cause he is too knackered. That two players that we would need. Get rid of the dead wood or at least the ones that struggle

It's also hillarious to see that 12 months ago we were bemoaning eisas injury due to Connor Wickham being the replacement and that "out season fell apart" cause eisa got injured. Fickle people. Very fickle people. Yes he may sign elsewhere and bang in the goals but to say he is not worth the money is a joke or we can't afford him. According to what I found he is on £3.9k a week. Mceachran is on £3.1k hardly a big difference if what I see is accurate. Johnson Lawrence grigg and tucker are the ones that are ripping us off.

You are assuming that I'm one of those fickle people, which I wasn't. Mo is a good player in a good team, mainly tap in and corner shots, but a luxury in league 2.

Clearly the salaries in the link above are all correct and realistic. :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:55 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
League 2 midfield

It's also hillarious to see that 12 months ago we were bemoaning eisas injury due to Connor Wickham being the replacement and that "out season fell apart" cause eisa got injured. Fickle people. Very fickle people. Yes he may sign elsewhere and bang in the goals but to say he is not worth the money is a joke or we can't afford him. According to what I found he is on £3.9k a week. Mceachran is on £3.1k hardly a big difference if what I see is accurate. Johnson Lawrence grigg and tucker are the ones that are ripping us off.

You are assuming that I'm one of those fickle people, which I wasn't. Mo is a good player in a good team, mainly tap in and corner shots, but a luxury in league 2.

Name me a poacher who isn't like that? I'd rather have him with us than against us and he might leave by his own accord but do you really trust sweeting to get any better with the budget we will have in league two not a fucking chance in hell. I don't get it I really don't our midfield is appalling. One of the worst in recent memory and you want to keep an aging perminantly unfit midfielder who has two assists in 32 games and even last season only got 6 assists in 42 games when we were good.Bizarre. Just so bizarre.

As for the saleries I did say if accurate and I am not too sure if you are being sarcastic but I can believe the signing we made this season would be on a higher wage. Especially Johnson coming from a league higher. But that is all I have to go on unless you do know more

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:02 am 

Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
League 2 midfield

Name me a poacher who isn't like that? I'd rather have him with us than against us and he might leave by his own accord but do you really trust sweeting to get any better with the budget we will have in league two not a fucking chance in hell. I don't get it I really don't our midfield is appalling. One of the worst in recent memory and you want to keep an aging perminantly unfit midfielder who has two assists in 32 games and even last season only got 6 assists in 42 games when we were good.Bizarre. Just so bizarre.

As for the saleries I did say if accurate and I am not too sure if you are being sarcastic but I can believe the signing we made this season would be on a higher wage. Especially Johnson coming from a league higher. But that is all I have to go on unless you do know more

I can't see Mo going to a L2 team.

It's just a matter of opinions. I would like my striker to contribute more to the game, while you have the opposite view. I also believe Mo as our leading striker will be on a bigger salary than given, unless the Web site does have some insider knowledge.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:11 am 

Mo's stats against Port Vale

FotMob rating
Minutes played
Goals
Assists
Total shots
Accurate passes
2/6 (33%)
Chances created
Attack
Touches
Passes into final third
Dispossessed
Defence
Tackles won
Recoveries
Duels
Ground duels won
0/2 (0%)
Aerial duels won
1/7 (14%)
Was fouled
Fouls committed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next