W: 3
D: 3
L: 10

Jackson
P: 14
W: 3
D: 3
L: 8

We lose our next 2 games and Jackson will have an identical record to the other youth coach we recruited during a relegation season...

Couldn't make it up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:31 pm 

This is on Liam Sweeting! Who royally f’d up the January transfer window by not bringing in a proven goalscorer through the middle, someone with a bit of creative quality in the centre and another centre back alongside Stewart (who wont get to play for us).

We have no quality in defence, no quality in midfield except josh mac who has half a game max in him then we fall to pieces in his absence and no creativity going forward. Leko and kaikai are hoofball pace merchants with no end product and hold onto the ball too long and make obvious movements. Mo eisa is shot to pieces since thst injury and Will Grigg is basically dead as a pro footballer.

This is on Sweetings recruitment or lack therof where needed!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:50 pm 

It's not just the stats. It's the terrible performances, especially in the 1st half of games. We seem bereft of ideas and the players are either choking, lost the motivation or are simply incapable of handling the situation; plus the tactical changes are making it worse. A grave predicament.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:10 pm 

I’m slightly worried Sweetings recruitment of the coaching staff has been inspired by football documentaries. Jackson was a feature in the Leeds Academy series and Stockdale in Sunderland Til I Die.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:13 pm 

You can try and rationalize it as much as you like, but have you ever thought that some folk just aren't very good at their jobs! Not rocket science, they're just shit managers, albeit working with shit tools.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:36 pm 

Gers wrote:
You can try and rationalize it as much as you like, but have you ever thought that some folk just aren't very good at their jobs! Not rocket science, they're just shit managers, albeit working with shit tools.

I'll not argue with that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:46 pm 

I think it's Pete that doesn't learn. Why would you want to be in a position to repeat failure. You'd avoid it at all costs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:01 pm 

I would say Jacko is flattered points wise a bit by the two wins against the whipping boys of FGR. even they were very narrow wins and on another day FGR draw or win that game at stadium MK, Cumming kept us in it.

On balance up to Bolton I thought Jacko was just about capable of organising us to grind out low scoring draws and low scoring wins, but the last few games have been a car crash.