THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:49 am 

Russybcool wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
Just to add, I have noticed his last 3 press conferences have been very subdued. He strikes me as a very passionate chap, but he almost looks and sounds like how we feel as fans. Flat and no idea what to do or where to turn.

This shit pisses me off. It's not like he couldn't look at videos on YouTube and see how poor we are. It's not like he couldn't look at the league table and see how poor we are. Why take the fucking job? I mean he may have lost his job at Leeds when Jessie the cowboy was fired but I have no sympathy he went in with eyes wide open but then again he just wanted to manage a first team knowing full well he has no expearence bar siix months of being anywhere near a first team.

You can’t blame the employee for being a bad choice, its rests solely with the employer. This is a fact across all jobs. Jackson has been set up to fail, and whilst he could have made better informed decision, he probably had confidence in his ability. The clubs decision making is rotten.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:01 am 

I think jackos personality and ideas are an improvement but the execution hasnt succeeded but he is hamstrung by what he has available. I couldnt take another manning interview though! Id like to see jacko given a chance in league 2 with a squad able to compete at that level. I dont think his ability has been fairly represented inder poor conditions, noone would get a tune out of this squad. By all accounts he masterminded leeds great escape!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:10 am 

ChaChaDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
Just to add, I have noticed his last 3 press conferences have been very subdued. He strikes me as a very passionate chap, but he almost looks and sounds like how we feel as fans. Flat and no idea what to do or where to turn.

This shit pisses me off. It's not like he couldn't look at videos on YouTube and see how poor we are. It's not like he couldn't look at the league table and see how poor we are. Why take the fucking job? I mean he may have lost his job at Leeds when Jessie the cowboy was fired but I have no sympathy he went in with eyes wide open but then again he just wanted to manage a first team knowing full well he has no expearence bar siix months of being anywhere near a first team.

You can’t blame the employee for being a bad choice, its rests solely with the employer. This is a fact across all jobs. Jackson has been set up to fail, and whilst he could have made better informed decision, he probably had confidence in his ability. The clubs decision making is rotten.

Maybe but when there are so many resources afforded to you that are not in other roles like you tube and even this very forum for example you can go in with eyes wide open. If the manager looks like he has given up how does that reflect on the players? Yeah he has been given shit to work with but that didn't just suddenly happen when Jackson came to the club. If you don't like it Jackson then quit. Least we won't have to pay him compo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:22 am 

Russybcool wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

Maybe but when there are so many resources afforded to you that are not in other roles like you tube and even this very forum for example you can go in with eyes wide open. If the manager looks like he has given up how does that reflect on the players? Yeah he has been given shit to work with but that didn't just suddenly happen when Jackson came to the club. If you don't like it Jackson then quit. Least we won't have to pay him compo.

I'm sure Jackson took over with full confidence in his ability to make an impact. What he can't see and that goes for all of us, is the stuff behind the scenes and the actual traits and personalities of players. Manning's last few performances prior to being sacked weren't terrible, they just weren't effective. It would have been easy for an outsider to assume a few tweaks were needed and away you go. I'm sure that's exactly how the club would have been sold to him as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:25 am 

BuckDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

I'm sure Jackson took over with full confidence in his ability to make an impact. What he can't see and that goes for all of us, is the stuff behind the scenes and the actual traits and personalities of players. Manning's last few performances prior to being sacked weren't terrible, they just weren't effective. It would have been easy for an outsider to assume a few tweaks were needed and away you go. I'm sure that's exactly how the club would have been sold to him as well.

Do we actually know how long Jackson's contract is for? Just for this season I always assumed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:34 am 

AB4 wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

Do we actually know how long Jackson's contract is for? Just for this season I always assumed.

He would have been on a decent whack as first team coach at Leeds. Even after Marsch being sacked, they would have kept him. I can't imagine he'd have left for a "See how you get on till the end of the season". If he has, then he's incredibly naive and stupid from his perspective. It maybe a blessing for the club mind.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:53 am 

BuckDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

He would have been on a decent whack as first team coach at Leeds. Even after Marsch being sacked, they would have kept him. I can't imagine he'd have left for a "See how you get on till the end of the season". If he has, then he's incredibly naive and stupid from his perspective. It maybe a blessing for the club mind.

I can't see why you think he would have stayed after Marsch went. Surely the new man would have wanted their own coaching staff.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:09 am 

He was there years and was part of the furniture. I would have been surprised to have seen him binned off.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:56 am 

Nowadays there are all sorts of clauses in contracts. So maybe there is a removal clause if we get relegated. Any head coach coming in (and being told they'll be backed) would fancy their chances of staying up so worth a shot.
We'll never know I suppose so can only speculate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6