THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: We're down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:45 pm 

4 points adrift, with Accrington having 3 games in hand and Burton with 2 in hand.

No way we can survive now.

Post subject: Re: We're down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:52 pm 

Yep
No way back. We won’t win again this season.

It feels better knowing and accepting it is over. In reality there was no real hope.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:06 pm 

Zen wrote:
Yep
No way back. We won’t win again this season.

It feels better knowing and accepting it is over. In reality there was no real hope.

Pippin: "Is there any hope Gandalf?"
'There never was much hope,' Gandalf answered. 'Just a fool's hope, as I have been told. And when I heard of Accrington's games in hand...' He broke off and strode to the window, as if his eyes could pierce the dark at SMK.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:16 pm 

We might get to play against Ousse Cisse and his Eastleigh team, currently sitting in the play offs (6th) in the National League

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:32 pm 

We’re not down… yet. If we are, it’ll be the third time on my watch. I enjoyed the previous two times. Silver linings and all that shit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:41 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1gYJDQXPOk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:44 pm 

Scribble wrote:
We might get to play against Ousse Cisse and his Eastleigh team, currently sitting in the play offs (6th) in the National League

We could even play against Wealdstone where Brooklyn Ilunga is right now. They are 6pts off the playoffs, who knows.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:44 am 

Definitely down, although we can only hope that we could win a few more games in league two next season. Sutton, Stockport and Salford away grounds could be fun. Already decided I’m not going to Barrow. Hopefully Bradford win their games in hand so Northampton and Stevenage stay in league two next year too!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:20 am 

Im actually coming round to the idea of going down. Hopefully its a great reset, we can clear out the ones that have no desire to be here, redevelop our playing style in a more forgiving division where we will be a bigger fish and hopefully win many more than we lose.

Ultimately it doesnt change my current disdain for the officials running this club and pretty much everyone on the books including the social media team who at this point should cease posting instead of the cheek to tell people to tune into the second half following one of the worst first halfs in history. For me its shit like that and the way its presented that make me think noone at the club really gives a fuck or has any pride at the moment.

Get the likes of gibb off the books and go again with people that have desire to be here and build connection with the fans and fan experience.

Hopefully relegation will finally serve a huge lesson to the cub and those running it even if the last one didnt leave a positive lasting legacy. Hopefully this is the kick up the ass needed to invest in the playing squad in key positions and invest in the fans experience.

The club will be over a barrel now and its time we push to get what we want and expect from following our club not the half assed cost cutting smug shite we are being served up currently.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:30 am 

Eddie wrote:
Im actually coming round to the idea of going down. Hopefully its a great reset, we can clear out the ones that have no desire to be here, redevelop our playing style in a more forgiving division where we will be a bigger fish and hopefully win many more than we lose.

Ultimately it doesnt change my current disdain for the officials running this club and pretty much everyone on the books including the social media team who at this point should cease posting instead of the cheek to tell people to tune into the second half following one of the worst first halfs in history. For me its shit like that and the way its presented that make me think noone at the club really gives a fuck or has any pride at the moment.

Get the likes of gibb off the books and go again with people that have desire to be here and build connection with the fans and fan experience.

Hopefully relegation will finally serve a huge lesson to the cub and those running it even if the last one didnt leave a positive lasting legacy. Hopefully this is the kick up the ass needed to invest in the playing squad in key positions and invest in the fans experience.

The club will be over a barrel now and its time we push to get what we want and expect from following our club not the half assed cost cutting smug shite we are being served up currently.

When we go down, it'll be a bit of a death-knell for the club. We'll be lucky to see gates of 3000. Sub 3000 in that stadium on a wet Saturday afternoon in November! Certainly looking forward to that.