THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:58 pm 

Give it Robbo till end of season.

Jackson out. The team is shit, but there is absolutely no excuse for the performances in our last few games. Horrific run of results too.

Morecambe getting a point at Ipswich shows that writing off Sheff Wed, Bolton and Ipswich was just an excuse.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:00 pm 

Agreed, Southampton realised Jones wasn’t working and sacked him. Jackson needs to go, he is so far out of his depth.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:07 pm 

Jackson was never the right appointment in the first place, another PW, Sweeting cock up.

I’d imagine we’re stuck with him until relegation is confirmed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:24 pm 

And take the whole first team with him. You do realise it won't make a shit all bit of difference. Sacking Jackson or not we are still going down. Just means we have to pay him off and pay to find a new manager. I never wanted Jackson but I have come to the conclusion that even if we had a vat of glitter it would still be a steaming pile of shit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:26 pm 

This isn’t Jackson’s fault, it’s the players. As I (and others) have said, Pep couldn’t get this lot playing well.

I still think Jackson’s contract basically says “Keep us up if you can”. He won’t be sacked if they go down, the club have been planning for that for months. His performance objective is promotion next year.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:28 pm 

Casual Bystander wrote:
This isn’t Jackson’s fault, it’s the players. As I (and others) have said, Pep couldn’t get this lot playing well.

I still think Jackson’s contract basically says “Keep us up if you can”. He won’t be sacked if they go down, the club have been planning for that for months. His performance objective is promotion next year.

Then that’s fucking stupid as he would have lost a lot of confidence. Also there’s no way the club would just accept relegation like that. If they do they deserve sacking themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:36 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Casual Bystander wrote:

Then that’s fucking stupid as he would have lost a lot of confidence. Also there’s no way the club would just accept relegation like that. If they do they deserve sacking themselves.

I think they know they’re fucked, and they know why, and they’ve known for a while. They’ve accepted it, they’ve cut costs as much as possible, they’re planning for L2 next year. All IMHO of course, but I just can’t see it any other way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:06 pm 

Although I was partly joking, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson sacked now.

3 wins in 14 games. Fast becoming the worst manager (stats wise) in our history.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:08 pm 

Casual Bystander wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Casual Bystander wrote:

I think they know they’re fucked, and they know why, and they’ve known for a while. They’ve accepted it, they’ve cut costs as much as possible, they’re planning for L2 next year. All IMHO of course, but I just can’t see it any other way.

I disagree. Costs were cut before the season started (after we spent a fair amount on shit players).
We tried to make a difference in January but who wants to come when you are already in the relegation zone, sacked your manager, replaced him with a rookie and are shopping in the bargain basement?

IMO, it isn't Jackson's fault and everything has been stacked against him but he hasn't helped himself either.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:25 pm 

AB4 wrote:
Casual Bystander wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Casual Bystander wrote:

I disagree. Costs were cut before the season started (after we spent a fair amount on shit players).
We tried to make a difference in January but who wants to come when you are already in the relegation zone, sacked your manager, replaced him with a rookie and are shopping in the bargain basement?

IMO, it isn't Jackson's fault and everything has been stacked against him but he hasn't helped himself either.

I disagree we’re disagreeing, I think we just differ on some of the detail :|