THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:24 pm 

Eddie wrote:
He led us to a huge victory vs Norwich (right?) the season baldock left? (Going from memory) and overall his time here was a huge success.

And QPR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:31 pm 

Eddie wrote:
When a manager loses momentum at a club and the players seem to have everything going against them, all the will in the world wont turn it around. The length of time Krobbo has been there magnifies that as it can just go stale. That doesn’t reflect how he would do at another club. Sometimes a manager just needs a fresh project. Look at Moyes, failed hopelessly it United but turned West Hams fortunes around, geezer was completely written off. Southgate failed at Middlesborough but took the National side to the finals of the world stage.

Krobbo would have the warmth and love of our fanbase and would be the spark that could help reignite our revival.

Thats not to say i would want Jacko gone, got a lot of time for the bloke and like the way he carries himself and what he wants to do with the team however its just not materialising. The players are the stumbling block. All im really saying is you cant write Krobbo off because he’s come to the end of his time at Oxford, who only suffered this bad season under his tenure tasting alot of success at the right end of the table for a team that is historically insignificant. Every manager has a shelf life at a club, yet Krobbo you can measure his success here and at oxford prior to that. Imo despite Ince trophies, krobbo remains our most significant manager to date. He took a team with little identity and built our reputation as a progressive ball playing team. He delivered our finest ever result vs Manchester Utd. He nurtured one of the greatest players the premier league saw post Gerrard and Lampard, don’t let Dele’s drop off fool you at just how elite he was. Krobbo delivered continuous playoff campaigns here to narrowly be robbed by contentious decisions vs Peterborough in a period we absolutely were looking like going up. He led us to a huge victory vs Norwich (right?) the season baldock left? (Going from memory) and overall his time here was a huge success.

For me krobbo is an elite manager at this level, marred only be some of his recruits at a time the model seemed he was heavily responsible for.

For me, under our new model krobbo would be an elite head coach, playing a style and never shying away from his beliefs. Thats what weve been searching for since yet we already had it in him.

For me he never should have gone, we should have sucked up the relegation that was coming whoever was in charge and given him time to put it right in league 2. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but since his departure, despite a promotion and last seasons highs we’ve still had very little to smile about. Youth development in the first team has taken a nose dive. Fan engagement has fell of a cliff. Weve completely flip flopped around a style and deviated from our beliefs. Those are 3 things krobbo can absolutely put right.

Bring him Home!

GGGI.

The bloke with the stats will be here in a minute though.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:55 am 

Eddie wrote:
When a manager loses momentum at a club and the players seem to have everything going against them, all the will in the world wont turn it around. The length of time Krobbo has been there magnifies that as it can just go stale. That doesn’t reflect how he would do at another club. Sometimes a manager just needs a fresh project. Look at Moyes, failed hopelessly it United but turned West Hams fortunes around, geezer was completely written off. Southgate failed at Middlesborough but took the National side to the finals of the world stage.

Krobbo would have the warmth and love of our fanbase and would be the spark that could help reignite our revival.

Thats not to say i would want Jacko gone, got a lot of time for the bloke and like the way he carries himself and what he wants to do with the team however its just not materialising. The players are the stumbling block. All im really saying is you cant write Krobbo off because he’s come to the end of his time at Oxford, who only suffered this bad season under his tenure tasting alot of success at the right end of the table for a team that is historically insignificant. Every manager has a shelf life at a club, yet Krobbo you can measure his success here and at oxford prior to that. Imo despite Ince trophies, krobbo remains our most significant manager to date. He took a team with little identity and built our reputation as a progressive ball playing team. He delivered our finest ever result vs Manchester Utd. He nurtured one of the greatest players the premier league saw post Gerrard and Lampard, don’t let Dele’s drop off fool you at just how elite he was. Krobbo delivered continuous playoff campaigns here to narrowly be robbed by contentious decisions vs Peterborough in a period we absolutely were looking like going up. He led us to a huge victory vs Norwich (right?) the season baldock left? (Going from memory) and overall his time here was a huge success.

For me krobbo is an elite manager at this level, marred only be some of his recruits at a time the model seemed he was heavily responsible for.

For me, under our new model krobbo would be an elite head coach, playing a style and never shying away from his beliefs. Thats what weve been searching for since yet we already had it in him.

For me he never should have gone, we should have sucked up the relegation that was coming whoever was in charge and given him time to put it right in league 2. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but since his departure, despite a promotion and last seasons highs we’ve still had very little to smile about. Youth development in the first team has taken a nose dive. Fan engagement has fell of a cliff. Weve completely flip flopped around a style and deviated from our beliefs. Those are 3 things krobbo can absolutely put right.

Bring him Home!

Got to agree with a lot of this.

Not saying that I 100% want him back, but I think there should be serious consideration. I don't dislike Jacko at all and I think the players recruited since his arrival (I wonder if he had a say or was dumped wirh them) have been slight positives to a very woeful season. But I can't see him sticking around if we go down, and with every week that passes it seems more inevitable.

A constant complaint is we don't have a plan and go for a cheap inexperienced option. Robbo has almost 700 games to his name, a very respectable 40.9% win percentage and has never finished below 13th when he's finished a season at the club. Maybe the proven manager many of our fans seek every time it gets tough...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:15 am 

Quick one btw on our fans. I know we're not the brightest bunch but two of the past 3 away games I've been to have resulted in the two single dumbest chants I've ever heard:

"Forest Green's a shithole, I wanna go home."

"Port Vale's a shithole, I wanna go home."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:48 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Quick one btw on our fans. I know we're not the brightest bunch but two of the past 3 away games I've been to have resulted in the two single dumbest chants I've ever heard:

"Forest Green's a shithole, I wanna go home."

"Port Vale's a shithole, I wanna go home."

Same idiots that sing 'no pyro no party' at the train station while dancing around a smoke bomb. Football attracts muppets. always has, always will!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:56 pm 

Yeah, true. I have been as stupid as a lot of them before, maturbut even as a ten year old I think I'd know Port Vale isn't a place

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10