THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:46 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Runyak Huntz wrote:
If Leko gets a ban, so should the Lincoln player imo.

The level of aggression is irrelevant?

One is a trip, the other is a kick.

and what if that trip resulted in Leko breaking an ankle? intent is intent surely?

Mercifully it didn't but I fear the worst here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:25 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Runyak Huntz wrote:
If Leko gets a ban, so should the Lincoln player imo.

The level of aggression is irrelevant?

One is a trip, the other is a kick.

It makes no difference.

Well, it shouldn't as violent conduct is violent conduct but you never know with the EFL.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:56 pm 

Nowt so far on OS.....
Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:32 pm 

Beginning to think he’s got away with this, two days later with no report of Leko being charged, normally happens a lot quicker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:32 am 

Scribble wrote:
Beginning to think he’s got away with this, two days later with no report of Leko being charged, normally happens a lot quicker

It does look that way, although nothing has been announced for Rak-Saki at Charlton, who literally punched someone in the face. So maybe today?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:30 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Scribble wrote:

It does look that way, although nothing has been announced for Rak-Saki at Charlton, who literally punched someone in the face. So maybe today?

Nothing will happen to Rak-Saki as the ref booked him therefore he saw the incident. It's only if the ref didn't see it/acknowledge it then the EFL can give retroactive punishment. I can't remember if the ref saw Leko (I think he did) but if he did then bugger all will happen. As for the potential choking that is a different matter as if that was not see then that could be a retroactive ban.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/charlton-athletic-manager-defends-his-player-against-allegations-of-violent-conduct-4045570

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:07 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Nothing will happen to Rak-Saki as the ref booked him therefore he saw the incident. It's only if the ref didn't see it/acknowledge it then the EFL can give retroactive punishment. I can't remember if the ref saw Leko (I think he did) but if he did then bugger all will happen. As for the potential choking that is a different matter as if that was not see then that could be a retroactive ban.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/charlton-athletic-manager-defends-his-player-against-allegations-of-violent-conduct-4045570

Surely no way Rak-Sakyi get's away with that. The ref can't come out and say he saw him punch their player and only give him a yellow.

The ref's match report would say he saw a coming together, but did not see the punch and therefore the FA will intervene. I'll be absolutely bemused if Rak-sakyi does get away with it, but it is certainly looking that way!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:45 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Surely no way Rak-Sakyi get's away with that. The ref can't come out and say he saw him punch their player and only give him a yellow.

The ref's match report would say he saw a coming together, but did not see the punch and therefore the FA will intervene. I'll be absolutely bemused if Rak-sakyi does get away with it, but it is certainly looking that way!

It's there in black and white. There is nothing the EFL or the FA can do as the yellow was the punishment the ref gave out, which is why Fergie Jr flipped his lid. I believe they can only recommend that the ref looks at things differently. Its the same way as a punch in the face on the street can land you in trouble with the police, but on a football pitch that ref is the police and there is very little anyone can do about it, even though most grounds have some police presence. Again, shows how incompetent referees are at their jobs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:31 am 

Imagine my shock.

Half 9 in the am of match day, suspension confirmed.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:31 am 

As predicted, Leko banned for 3 games.

Fucking fantastic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next