THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Live! Lincoln (Away)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:17 am 

Quote:
Quote:
As Filthy is in self imposed exile for the time being, I’ve posted his regular thread.

Discuss or rant about the game, or whatever

Can we finally get something out of a game? Even a point would be welcome

Post subject: Re: Live! Lincoln (Away)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:16 am 

We need 3 points.

Our away form is better than our home form, so therefore tonight's game is the exact type of game we have to be winning. If we can't then where on earth are we going to pick up points from?

Lose or draw tonight and I'll have zero hope of us staying up. Like I said elsewhere, we wrote off the last 3 games due to the standard of opposition. Tonight's came will shed some light on if we really are shit or not.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:31 am 

Although saying that, Lincoln are unbeaten in 7 and have only conceded 2 goals... They've only scored 6 goals too.

Both teams to score - No, is an absolute banker tonight.

If only we could rely on our defense to defend.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:34 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
We need 3 points.

Our away form is better than our home form, so therefore tonight's game is the exact type of game we have to be winning. If we can't then where on earth are we going to pick up points from?

Lose or draw tonight and I'll have zero hope of us staying up. Like I said elsewhere, we wrote off the last 3 games due to the standard of opposition. Tonight's came will shed some light on if we really are shit or not.

I agree that this is the sort of game we need to target, but it's also a bit of an anomaly given Lincoln are unbeaten at home this season (though they've only won 3, drawing 12). I'd be happy to join pretty much everyone else in taking a point from Sincil Bank.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:21 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
We need 3 points.

We really are shit - there you go, just saved you the pain of having to follow the game tonight - you're welcome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:45 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
We need 3 points.

You say that a draw would be a bad thing, but I would snatch your hand off at that. As people have said confidence is king and after conceding 11 goals in three games we have none of that. You also say out away form is better well Lincolns home form has included zero defeats. Whilst I would love that to be one defeat at half 9 tonight I just don't think that will happen. However, if it does I would be pleased as punch. Id take a boring 0-0 tonight with the way we have been performing recently that would be an achievement.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:48 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
We need 3 points.

You say that a draw would be a bad thing, but I would snatch your hand off at that. As people have said confidence is king and after conceding 11 goals in three games we have none of that. You also say out away form is better well Lincolns home form has included zero defeats. Whilst I would love that to be one defeat at half 9 tonight I just don't think that will happen. However, if it does I would be pleased as punch. Id take a boring 0-0 tonight with the way we have been performing recently that would be an achievement.

A draw for us does very little. We'd still be 22nd, with Accrington ahead of us with 3 (yes 3) games in hand.

I'd agree a point would be fine if our home form wasn't as bad. This is a key factor in me saying that 3 points are critical tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:02 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
We need 3 points.

A draw for us does very little. We'd still be 22nd, with Accrington ahead of us with 3 (yes 3) games in hand.

I'd agree a point would be fine if our home form wasn't as bad. This is a key factor in me saying that 3 points are critical tonight.

And their GIH are against Ipswich, Pompy and Plymouth. I wouldn't like to think they will get much out of them plus all of those are played in March too so they have a lot of games to cram in one month. from this weekend they play Tuesday/Saturday for pretty much the whole month. I know who's shoes I would rather be in TBH and its not Stanley's.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:06 pm 

Our form against the other teams in the bottom half of the table is pretty good. See here: https://www.sitdownorwellstealyourclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8508
Its our results against the top half teams that are so abysmal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:26 pm 

We absolutely need the 3 points tonight. Defence was okay in the last game and was punished for a single instance of giving Morsy space. Lincoln don’t have anyone with quite the same quality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next