THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ipswich programme
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:31 pm 

I have a programme form Saturday that I don't want. If anyone wants it get in contact I can post or meet at the next home match.

Post subject: Re: Ipswich programme
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:04 pm 

Hope you sell it. I gave up buying them many years ago. Now only buy for really significant games - so none bought at all recently/months/years. I think the last one was our last encounter with 'our friends'. (And that was a fair while). Chap who sits next to us always tries to buy one. Fair play to him. Gawd knows where they are stored...

Tell you what I miss, and did like to buy...."GOLDEN GOAL!!" scratch cards. That bloke's voice. (Guy outside Gate 6 - in the days it was actually open before a game - instead of being a bitterly gloomy corridor of despair after a game). Part of the match day build up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:26 pm 

It's free for anyone, not looking for money. Tbh I don't buy them often and the reason being the content is very minimal. It's basically a pamphlet of adverts now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:51 pm 

jeoff82 wrote:
It's free for anyone, not looking for money. Tbh I don't buy them often and the reason being the content is very minimal. It's basically a pamphlet of adverts now.

Like the MK Citizen :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:04 pm 

I don’t buy one anymore either, it’s shit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:23 pm 

jeoff82 wrote:

That's exactly what the guy says but, again, fair play he keeps buying 'em.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:52 am 

Aliramone wrote:
Hope you sell it. I gave up buying them many years ago. Now only buy for really significant games - so none bought at all recently/months/years. I think the last one was our last encounter with 'our friends'. (And that was a fair while). Chap who sits next to us always tries to buy one. Fair play to him. Gawd knows where they are stored...

Tell you what I miss, and did like to buy...."GOLDEN GOAL!!" scratch cards. That bloke's voice. (Guy outside Gate 6 - in the days it was actually open before a game - instead of being a bitterly gloomy corridor of despair after a game). Part of the match day build up.

You get them from the food kiosks if you pay by card or from I believe his name is Gordon (nice Scottish gent) I maybe completely wrong with his name if you have cash by gate 5. Another cost cutting exercise both in the people who sell them and the content as they are about 20 pages and still cost £3. I believe there was signs hanging from the ceiling in the concourse advising where to buy them, but I say they are not really worth the money paid for them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:05 pm 

Last time I saw a programme (think it was last season at some point) it was 32 pages, of which 17 were adverts and only 15 (including the front cover) were actual content.

Is the content so great that it's worth 20p a page? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:07 pm 

Supervisor number 5 wrote:
jeoff82 wrote:

Like the MK Citizen :D

:lol:

This didn't get the recognition it deserved!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:29 pm 

You might as well donate it to the shop in Lewington's if nobody here wants it. I'm not a fan of the current MKDSA but the shop that James started is probably the best thing about it now.