THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: So many issues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:30 pm 

Sam Morsy - Who on here doesn’t know that Sam Morsy can shoot from distance? Yet our defence give him all the time in the world to choose his spot

Second half performances - What is going on here? Whatever is being said at half time is having a negative impact. We look far, far worse in the second half of games. 1st half performances give hope and then we come back out like an u8’s team

Corners - We pose absolutely zero threat from these but are always looking likely to concede from them. A simple front post run fooled us a few times today and we were lucky not to concede.

Jules - For all the stick Tucker gets, Zak Jules was utterly abysmal today. Awful in defence, as well as with the ball. How many times did he lose it trying to bring it out?

Post subject: Re: So many issues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:54 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Sam Morsy - Who on here doesn’t know that Sam Morsy can shoot from distance? Yet our defence give him all the time in the world to choose his spot

Second half performances - What is going on here? Whatever is being said at half time is having a negative impact. We look far, far worse in the second half of games. 1st half performances give hope and then we come back out like an u8’s team

Corners - We pose absolutely zero threat from these but are always looking likely to concede from them. A simple front post run fooled us a few times today and we were lucky not to concede.

Jules - For all the stick Tucker gets, Zak Jules was utterly abysmal today. Awful in defence, as well as with the ball. How many times did he lose it trying to bring it out?

Sam Morsy - I didn't. I only heard of the guy when the Ipswich fans were giving him shit after the rovers 0-0. Ironic today he should score the winner. I bet those fans cheered him today so at least we are not alone in the silly fans reaction group.

Second half - lack of fitness and in turn concentration. Possible a small lack of ability but by the sounds of it when we are chasing our tails we get gassed a lot quicker.

Corners - name me a season where it was our strong point. I will say defensively it's possibly a knock on effect of Bolton when we were abused from every corner they took.

Jules - this is a man who couldn't get through the door last season and whilst he has improved a lot imo the bar was so low when he has a stinker it's probably more noticeable than if one of the other bar tucker has a stinker. Again, like tucker if Lewie and o'hora were fit he wouldn't get a look in.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:06 pm 

Tucker is a much better footballer than Jules.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:07 pm 

Interesting stats

https://www.fotmob.com/match/3916248/ma ... swich-town

According to Fotmob. Poor performances from Lawrence, Jules and Leko. I certainly agree about Leko, although I though Maghoma deserved a better rating.

We bettered them in expected goals 1st half, but non existent 2nd half. Open play we matched them for expected goals, but our set piece expected goals let us down. Interestingly our expected goals on target is lower, which shows why we are where we are.

I don't why we couldn't use 5 subs, but there probably is a reason.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:24 pm 

Second half as usual we totally ran out of steam, the lack of fitness compared to other clubs is ridiculous, we’re nearly into March and the players are not match fit, Jackson has been here since Christmas and should have been a priority to get them fit to last 90 minutes.

It’s rinse and repeat every single game, decent first half, then disappear with 35 minutes to go with no threat of attacking, just defending and hoofing it long to relieve the pressure.

I’m beginning to think, yet again, we’ve made the wrong decision to appoint a rookie head coach, yes he can only work with what he’s got, but I’ve seen very little if any improvement

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:31 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Sam Morsy - I didn't. I only heard of the guy when the Ipswich fans were giving him shit after the rovers 0-0. Ironic today he should score the winner. I bet those fans cheered him today so at least we are not alone in the silly fans reaction group.

Second half - lack of fitness and in turn concentration. Possible a small lack of ability but by the sounds of it when we are chasing our tails we get gassed a lot quicker.

Corners - name me a season where it was our strong point. I will say defensively it's possibly a knock on effect of Bolton when we were abused from every corner they took.

Jules - this is a man who couldn't get through the door last season and whilst he has improved a lot imo the bar was so low when he has a stinker it's probably more noticeable than if one of the other bar tucker has a stinker. Again, like tucker if Lewie and o'hora were fit he wouldn't get a look in.

Abso f-ing lutely.
The junior Ramones are fed up with me asking 'why do we never whip it into the middle with pace?'

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:37 pm 

Weren’t we linked with Morsy a couple of years ago?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:30 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
name me a season where it was our strong point

The one before this one.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:27 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
name me a season where it was our strong point

The one before this one.

Too long ago - and do we actually have 'strong points'? :?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:46 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Second half as usual we totally ran out of steam, the lack of fitness compared to other clubs is ridiculous, we’re nearly into March and the players are not match fit, Jackson has been here since Christmas and should have been a priority to get them fit to last 90 minutes.

It’s rinse and repeat every single game, decent first half, then disappear with 35 minutes to go with no threat of attacking, just defending and hoofing it long to relieve the pressure.

I’m beginning to think, yet again, we’ve made the wrong decision to appoint a rookie head coach, yes he can only work with what he’s got, but I’ve seen very little if any improvement

Imo. No experienced manager is going to work under a sporting director identifying players , league 2 , if they go down and don't get in some experienced players and persist signing the sort he signed in the summer will be another season of struggle