THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:13 pm 

He f-d us up whatever his good intentions were.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:41 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
and I can't recall such a dark time.

Really? This is better than when we last went down to L2. Yes, fine margins and all that but it's (just about) better.

Not sure I agree. The football may have been worse last time we were relegated (if thats even possible?) - but I dont remember every aspect of the club / experience being this bad. Even though we were crap we still liked some of the players! This season and this squad definitely feels worse.

We'll all experience things differently. But the kit/club shop/Lewingtons/discount things matter far less to me than the shit I'm watching on the pitch.

This season is NOT the worst.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:27 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
and I can't recall such a dark time.

Really? This is better than when we last went down to L2. Yes, fine margins and all that but it's (just about) better.

Not sure I agree. The football may have been worse last time we were relegated (if thats even possible?) - but I dont remember every aspect of the club / experience being this bad. Even though we were crap we still liked some of the players! This season and this squad definitely feels worse.

We'll all experience things differently. But the kit/club shop/Lewingtons/discount things matter far less to me than the shit I'm watching on the pitch.

This season is NOT the worst.

Yup, I've saved £100 on merch this year. Silver linings...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:08 am 

This season is worse than the last time we were in this pickle, for me. But it mirrors it in some ways.

Likeable players who are clearly better than what's happening atm:
Gilbey/McEachran
Upson/Johnson
Williams/Watson,
Agard/Eisa

A centre half or two who have been poor/appalling who we didnt think would be as bad as they are:
Ebanks-Landell/Tucker
Wootton/Jules

An utterly abysmal loanee sent back (Worse than the others):
Tshibola/Oyegoke

A good goalkeeper being found wanting by his defence:
Nicholls/Cumming

Young talent from a neighbouring country who can't get yp to speed with the League:
Nesbitt/Muirhead//Burns/Devoy

A young midfielder who clearly has something but looks put of his depth:
McGrandles/Devoy

A striker who has a relatively decent record elsewhere who has fallen short here:
Sow/Grigg

This feels very very Micciche to me. Nice guy, right ideas, but wrong time to be in the job and hasn't got the minerals or the time to turn things around.
I felt absolutely sick last time but we were on a downward spiral for a few years. By the time we went down to L2 it kinda felt like the slap in the face Winkelman needed to sort his fucking shit out. He admitted naivety and swore itd not happen again. I believed him. We were on the edge of promotion last year and are now a few months away from settling for a two divisions lower. On Winkelmans watch again. More fool me for listening to his drivel in 2018 that we'd not find ourselves in this situation based on poor judgement and decision making.

Good write up WD. Please keep the spirits up. I know you're going through a lot but it makes me sadder knowing the good people can't do it any more than it does watching crap football. Imagine yourself in Hartlepool celebrating a promotion to League One on a sunny day or something :D

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:11 am 

As for free agents, there literally isn't any? Unless we're happy to get Paul Downing back...?

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:04 am 

The club is certainly in a downward spiral, of that there’s little doubt. But it’s the speed of the decline that’s the surprise. It’s amazing how many things the club has gotten wrong this year. It feels like one thing after another.

Personally it’s the disregard of the fanbase that I find most perplexing. They just don’t seem to be listening, or if they are, they’re tone deaf. I’d ask what’s the point of the supporters board? What do they actually do? Why do we need that when we have a very vocal S.A. already? Football clubs were never happier than during covid. We weren't allowed to go, but like the suckers we are, the majority still paid their season ticket cost. I’ve said on another thread that a group of folk my age no longer attend. These guys have been going longer than I have. It says a lot about the club at the minute when the better option is drinking in Bletchley on a Saturday afternoon. Fucking Bletchley!

Bearing that in mind, I’d suggest that this has been our worst season by some considerable distance. The football’s rubbish. The matchday experience is almost non-existent. I don’t wear replica strips, so the club shop is of no interest to me, but I can obviously appreciate how others feel about it. And lastly, and most importantly, the crowds are dwindling.

It’ll come back, whatever ‘it’ is, but it’ll take some mammoth effort from the club to regain the trust of the fans in my opinion.

From a purely personal point of view I couldn't really give a fuck. I’ve got bigger fish to fry if I’m being honest. I’m in my 60’s, and can see the finishing line on the horizon. I’ll still go every other Saturday, and the occasional Tuesday evening. We’ll keep doing the podcast because we like doing it, and we think we’re pretty good at it. I’m not particularly well at the moment, and every day it’s taking me longer and longer to feel normal, so having something, however shit, to look forward to keeps me going through the week.

At the end of the day, it’s only a fucking game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:48 am 

Gers wrote:
The club is certainly in a downward spiral, of that there’s little doubt. But it’s the speed of the decline that’s the surprise. It’s amazing how many things the club has gotten wrong this year. It feels like one thing after another.

Personally it’s the disregard of the fanbase that I find most perplexing. They just don’t seem to be listening, or if they are, they’re tone deaf. I’d ask what’s the point of the supporters board? What do they actually do? Why do we need that when we have a very vocal S.A. already? Football clubs were never happier than during covid. We weren't allowed to go, but like the suckers we are, the majority still paid their season ticket cost. I’ve said on another thread that a group of folk my age no longer attend. These guys have been going longer than I have. It says a lot about the club at the minute when the better option is drinking in Bletchley on a Saturday afternoon. Fucking Bletchley!

Bearing that in mind, I’d suggest that this has been our worst season by some considerable distance. The football’s rubbish. The matchday experience is almost non-existent. I don’t wear replica strips, so the club shop is of no interest to me, but I can obviously appreciate how others feel about it. And lastly, and most importantly, the crowds are dwindling.

It’ll come back, whatever ‘it’ is, but it’ll take some mammoth effort from the club to regain the trust of the fans in my opinion.

From a purely personal point of view I couldn't really give a fuck. I’ve got bigger fish to fry if I’m being honest. I’m in my 60’s, and can see the finishing line on the horizon. I’ll still go every other Saturday, and the occasional Tuesday evening. We’ll keep doing the podcast because we like doing it, and we think we’re pretty good at it. I’m not particularly well at the moment, and every day it’s taking me longer and longer to feel normal, so having something, however shit, to look forward to keeps me going through the week.

At the end of the day, it’s only a fucking game.

Even that's pretty much gone to shite. The DSA is in no way shape or form the same positive force as it was at the start of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:33 am 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
WellDon wrote:
Still remember what Liam Sweeting said, it’s a rocky start but that’s all it is, so nothing to worry about, we are staying up.
TGGI.

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:34 am 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
Gers wrote:
The club is certainly in a downward spiral, of that there’s little doubt.
But it’s the speed of the decline that’s the surprise.
It’s amazing how many things the club has gotten wrong this year.
It feels like one thing after another.

Bearing that in mind, I’d suggest that this has been our worst season by some considerable distance.
TGGI.

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:46 am 

SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
Gers wrote:
The club is certainly in a downward spiral, of that there’s little doubt.
But it’s the speed of the decline that’s the surprise.
It’s amazing how many things the club has gotten wrong this year.
It feels like one thing after another.

Bearing that in mind, I’d suggest that this has been our worst season by some considerable distance.
TGGI.

Seasonus Horribilis.