THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sweeting has to go
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:21 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Look at what Bristol City have done when Hummel have let then down... Even Forest Green Rovers gave them the boot when they had issues mid season.

The fact we're giving Castore another year after this shit show shows the lack of discipline we have as a club.

Weren't Bristol city going to have a new kit manufacturer next season anyway? They have just brought it forward by four months as Hummels distributor went bust in November so Hummel have no UK presence at the moment. Don't think apart from that there were any reason as I guess the players have to have a steady replacement of kits throughout the season. Nothing to do with our problem in the slightest. Our kits are just shit and over priced. Even with 30% off that I got the email for they are still too much

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:21 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Look at what Bristol City have done when Hummel have let then down... Even Forest Green Rovers gave them the boot when they had issues mid season.

The fact we're giving Castore another year after this shit show shows the lack of discipline we have as a club.

Are we giving them another year or did we sign a 2+ year contract?

If so, we'd need to break that, which would then probably mean paying it off, therefore we'd have double the expense next season (Castore + new supplier).

While Castore have not been great, we are mainly to blame too and I'm not sure it would be the right thing to do to break contract, from a publicity perspective (other suppliers would be put off) but also because it wouldn't be fair, as we should be taking more of the blame here.

We signed off the kit design, so Castore can't really take the flack for this. We would have agreed to the pricing of the shirts. Stock wise, every company has struggled with this and unfortunately for us, a number of bigger clubs signed with Castore at the same time, so we were down the pecking order.

We should never have let them run the shop, we tried that with Nike and it doesn't work. But once again, that is on us and not Castore.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:31 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Are we giving them another year or did we sign a 2+ year contract?

If so, we'd need to break that, which would then probably mean paying it off, therefore we'd have double the expense next season (Castore + new supplier).

While Castore have not been great, we are mainly to blame too and I'm not sure it would be the right thing to do to break contract, from a publicity perspective (other suppliers would be put off) but also because it wouldn't be fair, as we should be taking more of the blame here.

We signed off the kit design, so Castore can't really take the flack for this. We would have agreed to the pricing of the shirts. Stock wise, every company has struggled with this and unfortunately for us, a number of bigger clubs signed with Castore at the same time, so we were down the pecking order.

We should never have let them run the shop, we tried that with Nike and it doesn't work. But once again, that is on us and not Castore.

I could forgive them for a few months of awkwardness, not nearly 9 months of it. To say the club shop running is our fault, how do you know? How do you onowbit wasn't a part of the agreement?

From what Winkelman said at the start of the season, it's my understanding he stayed away from big/major brands because we were let down with Nike between 2007/2010 because of catalogue kits and them running the club shop. If we're letting them run it, I agree it's silly to make the same mistake but why would we willingly just make the mistake again?

He also said we were one of the first to sign the contract with them ahead of Salford, Charlton, Rangers etc, before a host of European clubs.. from what I can see online the bigger clubs seem to have their house in order with them - us and Salford don't. Now you might suggest that the smaller clubs will wait longer, what do you expect? Why? Why should we? You make deals, you expect to get results. If we're making little to no money from the club shop because nothing is available from the supplier that isn't on us, that's on them.
If you go into Tesco and moan at the bloke filling the fruit and veg that there are no tomatoes or cucumbers, that's not on the worker its on the supplier. We were lead to believe they were slacking due to the women's Euros - that was 8/9 months ago. Why can't I get a castore MK Dons hoodie but players, staff and a select few fans I've seen get one? Why have there been no statements and communication in apology from Castore?

Who gives a shit about publicity? And I'm sure othwr suppliers really wouldn't be too arsed if the reasons were backed up, especially if it was their chance to show Castore how to really run things and that their supply chain was better organised for this club.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.footyh ... 827678073/

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:09 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Stock wise, every company has struggled with this and unfortunately for us, a number of bigger clubs signed with Castore at the same time, so we were down the pecking order.

Castore fucked it up for some Prem clubs too, iirc. It may be that their huge expansion plans have led to them over-reaching their ability to execute.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:11 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Stock wise, every company has struggled with this and unfortunately for us, a number of bigger clubs signed with Castore at the same time, so we were down the pecking order.

Castore fucked it up for some Prem clubs too, iirc. It may be that their huge expansion plans have led to them over-reaching their ability to execute.

Sent you a PM.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:24 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Castore have had very few issues supplying Aston Villa, so much so they've been doing sales on replica shirts since November with prices dropping down as low as £22 as well as releasing massive new ranges of training wear every couple of months. Typically Villa kits are sold out in popular sizes by this time of year due to a big demand - everything is still available.

It is more about priorities and guaranteed sales.

How we still don't have the keeper kits for sale is unfathomable though. We've always done well selling the keeper kits to kids, so that on top of a terrible outfield design and lack of training wear will probably mean low sales and push us further down their priorities.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:32 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Castore have had very few issues supplying Aston Villa, so much so they've been doing sales on replica shirts since November with prices dropping down as low as £22 as well as releasing massive new ranges of training wear every couple of months. Typically Villa kits are sold out in popular sizes by this time of year due to a big demand - everything is still available.

How we still don't have the keeper kits for sale is unfathomable though. We've always done well selling the keeper kits to kids, so that on top of a terrible outfield design and lack of training wear will probably mean low sales and push us further down their priorities.

I would imagine that Vill's contract has decent damages clauses in cases of poor performance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:56 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

I would imagine that Vill's contract has decent damages clauses in cases of poor performance.

Oh definitely. I appreciate it is a completely different type of agreement, both in terms of demand and financially. But considering how well stocked the bigger teams are, I cannot buy into the idea supply issues resulted in us not getting a small run of products.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:43 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Oh definitely. I appreciate it is a completely different type of agreement, both in terms of demand and financially. But considering how well stocked the bigger teams are, I cannot buy into the idea supply issues resulted in us not getting a small run of products.

Especially since times are hard for a lot of people ,they many not want to pay 50 quid for a shirt that's out of date within 9 months. But would buy a polo shirt for 22 to show their support.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:12 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Especially since times are hard for a lot of people ,they many not want to pay 50 quid for a shirt that's out of date within 9 months. But would buy a polo shirt for 22 to show their support.

I definately would. I am a portly gent to say the least and football shirts never look good on me. I'd buy a polo over a replica top anyday of the week

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next