THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Paris Maghoma
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:47 pm 

Midfielder on loan from Brentford till the end of the season. Recalled from them lot after playing 18 games with zero goals. Odd one. Very odd. But if it pisses them lot off then so be it. This reeks of a desperation but I know little about him bar his stats so I will happily reserve judgement

Post subject: Re: Paris Maghoma
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:00 pm 

What part of this reeks of desperation? We had a loan spot to fill and our midfield was lacking. Makes sense to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:11 pm 

Just watched his highlight reel and this is exactly the type of player we need. Appreciate most highlight reels are suppose to look good but at least this is showing all the attributes we've been desperately lacking.

Energetic, box to box, tough tackling and not afraid to carry the ball. Got a good ping on him too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:26 pm 

JtL264 wrote:
Just watched his highlight reel and this is exactly the type of player we need. Appreciate most highlight reels are suppose to look good but at least this is showing all the attributes we've been desperately lacking.

Energetic, box to box, tough tackling and not afraid to carry the ball. Got a good ping on him too.

Agreed - and strengthening of squad, anywhere quite frankly, is a good thing in this window.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:50 pm 

His brother is a coach for us. It just seems like our annual favour for a friend much like wickham last year. I am happy to be proved wrong but anyone can make a video look good with clever editing. 24 games in all comps no goals and one assist for them in sw9 in a division lower. But I hope you can all tell me I told you so but out of the three do far this is the most underwhelming signing for me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:53 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
His brother is a coach for us. It just seems like our annual favour for a friend much like wickham last year. I am happy to be proved wrong but anyone can make a video look good with clever editing. 24 games in all comps no goals and one assist for them in sw9 in a division lower. But I hope you can all tell me I told you so but out of the three do far this is the most underwhelming signing for me

How is this more underwhelming then an 18yo who hasn't played any senior football?

Also Conor Grant and Dan Kemps highlight videos were terrible

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:07 pm 

JtL264 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

How is this more underwhelming then an 18yo who hasn't played any senior football?

Cause the 18 year old is ours at least we have time to coach him to become better. Seeing as this is a loan he has to hit the ground running. I am just saying it how I see it. 24 games with a mid table league two club is hardly inspired as you all think he is. Don't forget Barry can run at players like he can. Just has no end product. I just hope he can prove me wrong but my opinion has a much weight as anyone else's on here. Which is fuck all

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:11 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
JtL264 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Cause the 18 year old is ours at least we have time to coach him to become better. Seeing as this is a loan he has to hit the ground running. I am just saying it how I see it. 24 games with a mid table league two club is hardly inspired as you all think he is. Don't forget Barry can run at players like he can. Just has no end product. I just hope he can prove me wrong but my opinion has a much weight as anyone else's on here. Which is fuck all

I reckon we could sign Messi and you'd probably moan that he's too old.

Sure, highlight reels are the best 3 minutes we can compile, but as JtL264 says the attributes shown there are exactly what we've been missing in the middle of the park.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:19 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
JtL264 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Sure, highlight reels are the best 3 minutes we can compile, but as JtL264 says the attributes shown there are exactly what we've been missing in the middle of the park.

We need creative. Someone who can make things happen. You think a man who has one assist in a league below is the creative force we need then it's upto you. I am not going to patronise you. I am just giving my opinion. He may bag loads of assists and some goals and I will happily crack the egg on my face. Don't worry about that but until then it's all a bit meh to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:21 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
JtL264 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

We need creative. Someone who can make things happen. You think a man who has one assist in a league below is the creative force we need then it's upto you. I am not going to patronise you. I am just giving my opinion. He may bag loads of assists and some goals and I will happily crack the egg on my face. Don't worry about that but until then it's all a bit meh to me.

I'm not going to put much stock into how many goals they scored at Kingston. I'm not even going to say that he's going to kick on and be great for us. But I will give the lad a chance and he seems to be the type of player we need in the middle of the park so I'm willing to give him a fair chance before I make any judgements on the signing.