THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:58 am 

I’d honestly bring back Jack Davies to the food and start playing him instead at this point

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:01 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
I’d honestly bring back Jack Davies to the food and start playing him instead at this point

Agree

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:04 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Agree

Don't think some kid playing in National League South is the answer. Tucker is bad, but he's not that bad.

Davies aint anywhere near ready yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:20 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
It's not Davies either. A signing that I would absolutely love given his time at Hull.

I won't pretend I'm totally in the know, but there's a name that's popped up from more than one place (not publicly) that now looks like it's off because of the other club needing the cover now, but until 11pm Tuesday then you never know what might happen.

The point I was making wasn't to try and be all cryptic about a signing that isn't happening, it was to make the point that until we make a centre back signing we're stuck with Tucker because we have literally no other options. We have around 36 hours to go, so fingers crossed we can get somebody good in that can bring a bit of leadership to the back line, because while I don't rate Tucker he has proved he is capable at this level, but with him and Jules we just don't have the leadership aspect that you get with Lewington or O'Hora and for me that's what's costing us.

If it is off then just say who it is you are being cryptic sounds like a lot of I got told this but now I got told this without a lot else?

Nothing is 100% off until the window slams shut.

I remember when we were about to sign George Moncur, that got leaked and he turned around on the Black Cat roundabout to go and sign for Peterborough instead as they snuck in late, never again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:38 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
It's not Davies either. A signing that I would absolutely love given his time at Hull.

I won't pretend I'm totally in the know, but there's a name that's popped up from more than one place (not publicly) that now looks like it's off because of the other club needing the cover now, but until 11pm Tuesday then you never know what might happen.

The point I was making wasn't to try and be all cryptic about a signing that isn't happening, it was to make the point that until we make a centre back signing we're stuck with Tucker because we have literally no other options. We have around 36 hours to go, so fingers crossed we can get somebody good in that can bring a bit of leadership to the back line, because while I don't rate Tucker he has proved he is capable at this level, but with him and Jules we just don't have the leadership aspect that you get with Lewington or O'Hora and for me that's what's costing us.

If it is off then just say who it is you are being cryptic sounds like a lot of I got told this but now I got told this without a lot else?

Nothing is 100% off until the window slams shut.

I remember when we were about to sign George Moncur, that got leaked and he turned around on the Black Cat roundabout to go and sign for Peterborough instead as they snuck in late, never again.

So was this mysterious defender you talk of at this roundabout too

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:50 pm 

Best get used to Tucker playing as news has it Stewart already out injured from training...

God we need this training ground

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:01 pm 

EmersonDon wrote:
Best get used to Tucker playing as news has it Stewart already out injured from training...

Time to get fully behind Tucker and Jules. Lots of pressure on the pair for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:10 pm 

EmersonDon wrote:

It's Tucker's fault we don't have one. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:45 pm 

Paul Downing is a free agent ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:05 am 

bringing this back

16 games started this season, 35 goals conceded with him on the pitch, in 47 games this season we’ve conceded 71 which means we’ve conceded 49.2% of our goals with him playing football, he makes this team so much worse it hurts

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next