THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Max Dean
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:44 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
I was speaking to a Leeds supporting neighbour at the pub last night and as soon as I mentioned Max Dean his face lit up and he was saying how good this kid is. The praise made me feel hyped as I’ve been feeling skeptical about this signing so far.

He also couldn’t stop raving about Jackson and quoted him as the reason Leeds survived.

Has he ever watched an u23 game in which Dean has played though? I always find these comments funny, because these Leeds fans praising their youth players and u23 manager, have probably never even watched them play before so really can't have an opinion at all. They're just living off what they read online.

Not doubting either Dean's or Jackson ability.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:33 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
JtL264 wrote:
Bizarre move this. We’re third from bottom. An 18year old striker is not the answer sorry to say.

Know we’re all mentioning long term but surely higher priorities then this. Will be in national league soon enough for him to play.

I'm not sure anyone thinks he is the solution. There are probably higher priorities short term and I guess, and sorry to quote Russ, 'plates are spinning' to find those solutions. Recruiting what we need shorter term is probably more difficult but that doesn't mean we shouldn't push on with other signings.

Agreed. Also, we were not even considering Max Dean. He approached us saying he was available, so we acted.

We still need to plan for the future, regardless of our current situation and if we have the opportunity to sign an asset that could make us some money in the future, why on earth would we turn that down.

I highly doubt this signing has affected our initial plans in any way and I suspect wage wise, he's going to be cheap.

Do you think Max Dean will be getting a game once Jackson is sacked after relegation?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:09 pm 

JtL264 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
JtL264 wrote:
Bizarre move this. We’re third from bottom. An 18year old striker is not the answer sorry to say.

Know we’re all mentioning long term but surely higher priorities then this. Will be in national league soon enough for him to play.

I'm not sure anyone thinks he is the solution. There are probably higher priorities short term and I guess, and sorry to quote Russ, 'plates are spinning' to find those solutions. Recruiting what we need shorter term is probably more difficult but that doesn't mean we shouldn't push on with other signings.

Agreed. Also, we were not even considering Max Dean. He approached us saying he was available, so we acted.

We still need to plan for the future, regardless of our current situation and if we have the opportunity to sign an asset that could make us some money in the future, why on earth would we turn that down.

I highly doubt this signing has affected our initial plans in any way and I suspect wage wise, he's going to be cheap.

Do you think Max Dean will be getting a game once Jackson is sacked after relegation?

I'm not sure, but he did get some game time in L1, whilst Jackson remains in a job and apparently did well in the dying minutes to help us pick up the win...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:11 pm 

Loved his enthusiasm today. Looks like he's really relishing the opportunity he's been given.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:11 pm 

Loved the passion at the end MAX...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:46 pm 

dons50 wrote:
epdon wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
Just what we need, another rookie player and a prayer.

Not sure about the power of prayer for football matches. I will cross my fingers though.

Have you not been praying? No wonder we keep losing. :D

Praying must have worked. We won and Max looked good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:54 pm 

He seemed a lot stronger and physical than I was expecting. Really pleased about that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:05 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:
He seemed a lot stronger and physical than I was expecting. Really pleased about that.

100%.

I suppose he's at an age where lads can bulk up very quickly. Looks far stronger than he did even in clips from six months ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:35 pm 

Locutus wrote:
Loved his enthusiasm today. Looks like he's really relishing the opportunity he's been given.

I liked his end of match display of passion for the win and then giving every one of our players an embrace.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:42 pm 

Only one win, but I feel it now gives us a good chance. If we can match or better the results of at least four teams below us we will survive. They are not any better than us and I reckon the safety number will be less than the usual 51 points this year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next