The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Max Dean
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:03 pm 

Not a loan, signs on a permanent deal

Post subject: Re: Max Dean
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:05 pm 

Nice surprise that actually. Loan made little sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:14 pm 

Perm completely changes the complexion of the deal. I expect we will see his best time with us beyond the short window to the end of the current season. Excited to see him develop here. A loan may not have been the best use of a loan given his inexperience and those remaining loan slots are like gold dust but a long term deal secures another talented youngster with potential. Give him time, patience and support to develop. Love the ethos of our recruitment. Much rather this than dropping 15k a week on a 33 year old last pay check in a desperate attempt to go up at all costs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:16 pm 

I hope this works out and he is an exciting young talent we have prised away from a Premier League club unfortunately all that springs to mind is he will be another Charlie Brown.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:38 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
I hope this works out and he is an exciting young talent we have prised away from a Premier League club unfortunately all that springs to mind is he will be another Charlie Brown.

Yep, I thought the same. But none of us know what he is like as we've not seen him play nor do we know if he'll adapt well to big boys football.

Ultimately, he may be on the bench for a while and only start games when we are in L2, Mo has been sold and Grigg gone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:42 pm 

I would've been disappointed if it was a loan, but I'm pleased it's permanent. Gives Jackson far more time to continue developing him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:08 pm 

I'm really happy with this. 16 goals in 37 matches in PL2 and the Papa John's trophy. Obviously knows the gaffa so I have belief he is worth it and also glad its perminant as he is 18 and if all goes well can only get better. The end for grigg I feel with two attackers coming in. Maybe eisa too but I think that would be harsh on him. I'd say CB on loan (I believe we only have one we can bring in) and hopefully a creative midfielder to help mceachran and we might be onto something here

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:13 pm 

I'm glad it's a perm deal. That makes sense. Jacko has coached him for years and knows him and his potential well. There's a big difference between u23/u21 and senior football. That's said he's played at u23/u21 from the age of 16. That can't have been easy. And he has scored goals at that level. Probably one for the future but you never know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:15 pm 

Yeah, echo the thoughts of others, he’s young, got the potential with the right coaching and will improve under Jacko, so a permanent move looks to be the best deal all round.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:26 pm 

Bizarre move this. We’re third from bottom. An 18year old striker is not the answer sorry to say.

Know we’re all mentioning long term but surely higher priorities then this. Will be in national league soon enough for him to play.