THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ariyibi
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:45 pm 

Gers wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Gers wrote:
He can fuck right off. I fail to see why anyone could possibly back him now.

I hear he's prettty handy at putting up fencing panels.

Then he can give me a hand tomorrow afternoon, and Filthy can manage the team.

You can imagine the team talk.

Look only three of you are any good and none of you have any social media skills, but here's my 39 step plan. Does any of you have a sister I can date?

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:46 pm 

Silverous wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Who did we find that was better?

Initially Nesbitt, followed by Tavernier.

My view is that RN never fancied Ariyibi once he saw how easily he was bypassed and how much pressure could be put on the full back.

Nesbitt came in and gave more energy. Shame he got injured when he did, but he showed enough to suggest he’ll be a huge asset.

Tavernier looks a much more rounded player with more maturity about his game in terms of understanding he has a job to do at both ends of the pitch.

Why didn't he start Nesbitt more when he was fit then? I do agree Nesbitt is good, but you would have thought if he rated him over Ariyibi then he would have started more games. You should pick your best team after all.

I don't know how after 8 professional games you can tell if he is more rounded. Time will tell I suppose. It would relate to why his form dipped. He was probably told he November that he would be off.

I think this was put to him as a question and he sees Nesbitt as an impact player who can come off the bench and make a difference. I think there were also questions about his fitness/strength - needing to bulk up etc. I'd like to see him start tomorrow, and would also like to see more of Nombe.

He can start a game and make a difference now. Team will be interesting tomorrow. If Nesbitt doesn't start then I will bring the straightjacket myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:40 pm 

Russybcool wrote:

I don't know how after 8 professional games you can tell if he is more rounded. Time will tell I suppose. It would relate to why his form dipped. He was probably told he November that he would be off.

Just a hunch... but trust me on this one. I saw more defensive qualities from Tavernier on that 8minute I follow video than I’ve seen in about twenty appearances from Ariyibi. I don’t think I once saw Gboly dipososessing wingers in his own half or offering an out ball to his full back in his time with us.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:53 pm 

Not as bad as, but remember when Wimbledon loaned David Nielsen to Norwich, let him play whilst on loan against Wimbledon, and yes, he scored.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:11 pm 

Lord Doogle wrote:
Not as bad as, but remember when Wimbledon loaned David Nielsen to Norwich, let him play whilst on loan against Wimbledon, and yes, he scored.

I was then and he celebrated wildly, fucking infuriating!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:38 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
SW4don wrote:
One of our best players this season, and we've allowed him to go to a relegation rival. Absolute joke of a club.

100% this!

200% this

Can I just say I haven't had a drink yet :shock: :shock: :shock: having got in late from work although one is in my hand :roll: . I have just learned of this.
So much whirled through my mind...The results....Lewie.....etc but I really rated Gboli if we have the money why not keep him as well as Tavernier?
You know....and I have never ever posted such a thing before I half wish we lose by several goals tomorrow and then get thumped in the cup. It will hasten the demise of someone who has no clue of either...or ....ah... f- it (glug) Right more vodka to follow swiftly. RN is IMHO destroying the football team if he hasn't already.
Chr*st can you imagine the atmosphere in the dressing room? (And before someone says 'you know do you?' No, obviously I don't - but I can guess). :( :( Like the atmosphere amongst many/most fans.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:02 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
SW4don wrote:
One of our best players this season, and we've allowed him to go to a relegation rival. Absolute joke of a club.

100% this!

200% this

Can I just say I haven't had a drink yet :shock: :shock: :shock: having got in late from work although one is in my hand :roll: . I have just learned of this.
So much whirled through my mind...The results....Lewie.....etc but I really rated Gboli if we have the money why not keep him as well as Tavernier?
You know....and I have never ever posted such a thing before I half wish we lose by several goals tomorrow and then get thumped in the cup. It will hasten the demise of someone who has no clue of either...or ....ah... f- it (glug) Right more vodka to follow swiftly. RN is IMHO destroying the football team if he hasn't already.
Chr*st can you imagine the atmosphere in the dressing room? (And before someone says 'you know do you?' No, obviously I don't - but I can guess). :( :( Like the atmosphere amongst many/most fans.

My thoughts exactly Ali.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:24 pm 

I really think it’s going to get ugly tomorrow, and I’m not on about on the pitch.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:27 pm 

WellDon wrote:
I really think it’s going to get ugly tomorrow, and I’m not on about on the pitch.

And who's fault will that be eh precious?
I'll not boo the team. But him..................?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:58 pm 

Ali, this isn’t like you. It’s all getting a bit personal. Look, he’s a guy trying to do his job the best he can. I get that many disagree with how he’s doing it. Fair enough, but it’s getting a bit unpleasant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next