THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am 

If the overuse of terms isn’t enough to piss you off, such as …
Get back to winning ways
Bounce back
The men from MK 1

They have now rolled out George Williams saying it’s about time we rewarded the fans for their great support, that is the 5th time he’s said that this season, and each time we have lost the next game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:35 am 

My young son interviewed me the other day about MK dons....you just have to say "quality" in a scottish accent and "defi-nettley" in a scottish accent. And make sure you don't say too many good things about the players - long way to go etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:50 am 

WellDon wrote:
Get back to winning ways
Bounce back
The men from MK 1

They have now rolled out George Williams saying it’s about time we rewarded the fans for their great support, that is the 5th time he’s said that this season, and each time we have lost the next game.

What do you expect him to say? :?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:59 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Get back to winning ways
Bounce back
The men from MK 1

I don’t expect him to say anything, but to keep rolling out the same sorry sad line is just laughable.
I would rather they said bugger all actually, and actually did reward the fans with this mythical performance, the time for cheap meaningless sound bytes has long gone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:01 pm 

WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Get back to winning ways
Bounce back
The men from MK 1

I don’t expect him to say anything, but to keep rolling out the same sorry sad line is just laughable.
I would rather they said bugger all actually, and actually did reward the fans with this mythical performance, the time for cheap meaningless sound bytes has long gone.

And then people would be complaining that the club isn't communicating. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 pm 

I think they should interview the players but the players, instead of speaking, should make balloon animals.

Now, who wouldn't prefer that! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:17 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Get back to winning ways
Bounce back
The men from MK 1

And then people would be complaining that the club isn't communicating. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Not at all.....I have no problem with player interviews, but in the same manner every time ?
It’s not very hard is it.......just like those well used phrases I mentioned.....I’m suprised, they don’t start chucking in a few “you knows” or “know what I mean” or “at the end of the day”...
I’m sure our resident creative editorial expert Dan, must squirm if he can be arsed to read it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm 

Perhaps instead of interviews they could attempt some It's a Knockout games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKmk5LATCs

Games without frontiers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:19 pm 

WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Get back to winning ways
Bounce back
The men from MK 1

Not at all.....I have no problem with player interviews, but in the same manner every time ?
It’s not very hard is it.......just like those well used phrases I mentioned.....I’m suprised, they don’t start chucking in a few “you knows” or “know what I mean” or “at the end of the day”...
I’m sure our resident creative editorial expert Dan, must squirm if he can be arsed to read it.

Any ideas? I'm not sure it's as easy as you think. What do you want to know, that they can tell you, about the next game?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:33 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Get back to winning ways
Bounce back
The men from MK 1

Any ideas? I'm not sure it's as easy as you think.

I’ve been writing for a field sports magazine for 17 years, it’s not easy I grant you, but rolling out the same old phrases is lazy journalism............I may be being unfair, but rolling out George Williams every few weeks saying the same thing is getting a bit stale......perhaps they could use a different player every week rolling out the old lines, that would cover about 25 weeks of the season.