THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:49 pm 

I am beginning to worry about the state of the club, we have let go of Downing, Lewington, Ariybi & Goldbourne and have Walsh out for the season and in return we have Ugbo, in the first half of the season we weren't good enough for the standard this club has set and we look like we will be weaker going in to the second half of the season and mainly (Downing, Lewington, Ariybi) through the choice of the manager!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 pm 

Just to be accurate, Golbourne is out for the season with a hip injury.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:57 pm 

Except Golbourne, I agree. You also might want to include the odd disappearance of Ben Tilney (I know they said personal issues) and Tshibola (although no loss). Neilson will need to pull something big out of the hat soon, although I suspect the Cobblers and Coventry games might be final nails in the coffin. So far he has more escapes than Houdini, but I suspect the rope is drawing closer.

This was Ben Tilney's interview June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGAPOpPOVLk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:03 pm 

Someone has just told me that Walsh is also out for the rest of the season. :o
Can anyone confirm that or am I just behind with the latest news

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:05 pm 

chrisdon wrote:
Someone has just told me that Walsh is also out for the rest of the season. :o
Can anyone confirm that or am I just behind with the latest news

It is true. The hunk is back in the summer. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:08 pm 

Yes, it’s certainly getting a concern. Last weeks game and this Saturday are two we really needed to get six points, can’t see us getting anything from wobblers unless something happens very quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:12 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Yes, it’s certainly getting a concern. Last weeks game and this Saturday are two we really needed to get six points, can’t see us getting anything from wobblers unless something happens very quickly.

It just has. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:48 pm 
I would think (hope) the club are at least competent enough to sort the numbers out before the end of the window.

But the Northampton and Coventry games are a cause for concern defensively for sure.

If either EEL or Wootton are sent off or injured, we'll be forced to play 3 at the back, unless Cissé or Jackson play as makeshift CBs. Wolves could still recall EEL as well.

Really not sure about this whole Ariyibi thing. Our top scorer this season gone, and replaced with an inexperienced Middlesbrough winger.

Purely in terms of numbers, we've lost 3 (Ariyibi, Golbourne and Walsh) and brought in 2 (Ugbo and Tavernier). Even before January, the squad needed adding to and strengthening particularly in attack, and now we're already down on squad strength.

Still probably need another 4 players. Absolutely essential we bring in another CB and LB.

Ideally we also need an attack minded creative CM/#10 (as cover for Aneke and for more potency going forward) and either another winger or striker.

Neilson and the recruitment team have really fucked this team up, let's be honest.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:07 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Purely in terms of numbers, we've lost 3 (Ariyibi, Golbourne and Walsh) and brought in 2 (Ugbo and Tavernier).

All though since the close of the last window you can add Tshibola and Lewie to those numbers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:25 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
I would think (hope) the club are at least competent enough to sort the numbers out before the end of the window.

But the Northampton and Coventry games are a cause for concern defensively for sure.

If either EEL or Wootton are sent off or injured, we'll be forced to play 3 at the back, unless Cissé or Jackson play as makeshift CBs. Wolves could still recall EEL as well.

Really not sure about this whole Ariyibi thing. Our top scorer this season gone, and replaced with an inexperienced Middlesbrough winger.

Purely in terms of numbers, we've lost 3 (Ariyibi, Golbourne and Walsh) and brought in 2 (Ugbo and Tavernier). Even before January, the squad needed adding to and strengthening particularly in attack, and now we're already down on squad strength.

Still probably need another 4 players. Absolutely essential we bring in another CB and LB.

Ideally we also need an attack minded creative CM/#10 (as cover for Aneke and for more potency going forward) and either another winger or striker.

Neilson and the recruitment team have really fucked this team up, let's be honest.

true, although I doubt that particular event is top of their 'must do as a matter of urgency' list.....