THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Positives
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:07 pm 

Junglecad wrote:
Silverous wrote:
Thought we might want some positives, or perhaps not, but I thought Sam Nombe looked good on Saturday - he and BTA seemed to have (almost) an understanding and I was convinced they were going to link up and score. I think I'm becoming more confident in him than BTA - BTA seems to be good at running around and causing problems but not finishing or being strong, Nombe has great pace and was exciting to watch for me.

Also think Muirhead has looked good the last few times we've seen him play.

McGrandles has been good of late although didn't think he was great on Saturday. Wasn't convinced by Wooton as man of the match.

Gilbey I thought has shown real fighting spirit of late and I'm glad we have him as captain.

Pawlett and Chuks not so much the last few matches for me.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of a match review comments but just meant to make positive noises about Nombe particularly.

Amazing how we all have different opinions I think Muirhead has been total pants in the last couple of games - only thing he did sat was a long range shot

His biggest weakness is that he is always caught on his heels - he never anticipates a ball coming to him - QPR was a classic a couple of times he was flatfooted by a ball that had he been on the half turn ready to go he would of got to the ball - the worrying thing is this is partly instinct and hard to teach but lets give him time !!!

Other than the shot you mentioned, he did swing a couple of cracking crosses in. His delivery can be very good, but the other aspects you mention overshadow these good points. Plus....he's not as quick as Neilson seemed to suggest when he first arrived.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:08 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Junglecad wrote:
Silverous wrote:
Thought we might want some positives, or perhaps not, but I thought Sam Nombe looked good on Saturday - he and BTA seemed to have (almost) an understanding and I was convinced they were going to link up and score. I think I'm becoming more confident in him than BTA - BTA seems to be good at running around and causing problems but not finishing or being strong, Nombe has great pace and was exciting to watch for me.

McGrandles has been good of late although didn't think he was great on Saturday. Wasn't convinced by Wooton as man of the match.

Gilbey I thought has shown real fighting spirit of late and I'm glad we have him as captain.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of a match review comments but just meant to make positive noises about Nombe particularly.

Amazing how we all have different opinions I think Muirhead has been total pants in the last couple of games - only thing he did sat was a long range shot

His biggest weakness is that he is always caught on his heels - he never anticipates a ball coming to him - QPR was a classic a couple of times he was flatfooted by a ball that had he been on the half turn ready to go he would of got to the ball - the worrying thing is this is partly instinct and hard to teach but lets give him time !!!

Agree - Muirhead has been awful this season, not a single game has he impressed, and was particularly poor against Kingston. Needs to move on.

Yes, that makes three of us then.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:09 pm 

Ted wrote:
The match against Peterborough......in my all time top 5 games

It was extraordinary. I'm still stunned. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:22 pm 

Lòoking hard for positives after Saturday, but here are two - one defeat in last four and 3 clean sheets. Not much I agree but always best to be positive than so many of the negatives

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:08 pm 

wingravedon wrote:
Lòoking hard for positives after Saturday, but here are two - one defeat in last four and 3 clean sheets. Not much I agree but always best to be positive than so many of the negatives

Why exactly ?

Why be positive when there are no positives ? Be full of positivity when there is due cause, but not otherwise. As I said many times, being critical is justified if what you are critical of DESERVES to be criticised ! As you care for the club and want the best for it...but you will only see improvement if things change.

Otherwise it is simply burying your head in the sand...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:14 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Junglecad wrote:
Silverous wrote:

Agree - Muirhead has been awful this season, not a single game has he impressed, and was particularly poor against Kingston. Needs to move on.

Disagree, Muirhead was one of our better players on Saturday, not been given a chance this season, decent player given a chance

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:49 pm 
Warwickdons wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Junglecad wrote:
Silverous wrote:

Disagree, Muirhead was one of our better players on Saturday, not been given a chance this season, decent player given a chance

Strange how people view games differently. I thought he was our worst player, no end product, looked a class below the rest who werent great themselves.

Wasnt particularly impresssed with him last season, scored a couple of decent goals but aside from those nothing to praise him about.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:03 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Junglecad wrote:
Silverous wrote:

Strange how people view games differently. I thought he was our worst player, no end product, looked a class below the rest who werent great themselves.

Wasnt particularly impresssed with him last season, scored a couple of decent goals but aside from those nothing to praise him about.

I’m with you....but hey, when am I not ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:46 pm 

Spoke to Robbie Muirheads parents after the game Saturday and they were saying because he lives on his own he was having problems with homesickness but now another couple of young Scottish are about he getting better and will be back in sorts like last year

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:13 pm 

WellDon wrote:
As for Chuks

Someone ought to get some old Aaron Wilbraham videos and show Chuks how to win free kicks.