THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Positives
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 pm 

Positive:

We are looking better defence wise, if we can keep clean sheets, we can pick up points.

Muirhead:

I can’t make my mind up on Robbie, he’s the new marmite, if he’s homesick I can understand the difficulty he’s having settling, but if he can’t adjust to life down here soon, then it might be best to offer him to a Scottish club for loan or sale, his situation is helping neither him or the club

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:59 pm 

Is that the sort of club we are? Just fuck someone off because he isn’t settled and is homesick instead of doing our best to help him and accommodate him?

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:03 pm 

muirhead does appear devoid of confidence - he’s got a good shot and can take a decent corner but really seems to struggle to produce anything at speed/while running with the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:15 pm 

Alby wrote:
Is that the sort of club we are? Just fuck someone off because he isn’t settled and is homesick instead of doing our best to help him and accommodate him?

Not at all

I’m merely thinking about the lads mental health, if he really does miss home and is genuinely effected by it, should we force him to stay and be miserable?

In my opinion no, somebody’s happiness and contentment should come first, I wouldn’t want to stay somewhere that made me feel like that

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:25 pm 

No guarantee he doesn’t like being here. Just a young lad who misses his mum and dad and his friends. It is a hard thing to do so young, move so far. But we are accommodating him a bit more now it seems and we should (and no doubt are) working hard to help him settle. And I’m pleased. Because it’s easy for a lad to kick up a fuss and just not turn up but he hasn’t done that. He’s trying. So I think he deserves a chance given the circumstances. Hopefully he feels a bit more at home.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:16 am 

Alby wrote:
No guarantee he doesn’t like being here. Just a young lad who misses his mum and dad and his friends. It is a hard thing to do so young, move so far. But we are accommodating him a bit more now it seems and we should (and no doubt are) working hard to help him settle. And I’m pleased. Because it’s easy for a lad to kick up a fuss and just not turn up but he hasn’t done that. He’s trying. So I think he deserves a chance given the circumstances. Hopefully he feels a bit more at home.

Well said.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm 

barry wrote:
Spoke to Robbie Muirheads parents after the game Saturday and they were saying because he lives on his own he was having problems with homesickness but now another couple of young Scottish are about he getting better and will be back in sorts like last year

There must be a gastro pub around here somewhere that does fried mars bars and pints of Heavy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:28 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
barry wrote:
Spoke to Robbie Muirheads parents after the game Saturday and they were saying because he lives on his own he was having problems with homesickness but now another couple of young Scottish are about he getting better and will be back in sorts like last year

There must be a gastro pub around here somewhere that does fried mars bars and pints of Heavy.

Haven't you experienced the delights of Corby?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:10 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
barry wrote:

Haven't you experienced the delights of Corby?

No but Wicksteed Park was ok.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:10 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Alby wrote:

Not at all

I’m merely thinking about the lads mental health, if he really does miss home and is genuinely effected by it, should we force him to stay and be miserable?

In my opinion no, somebody’s happiness and contentment should come first, I wouldn’t want to stay somewhere that made me feel like that

About 8,000 people feel like that every other week.