THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Positives
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:21 pm 

Thought we might want some positives, or perhaps not, but I thought Sam Nombe looked good on Saturday - he and BTA seemed to have (almost) an understanding and I was convinced they were going to link up and score. I think I'm becoming more confident in him than BTA - BTA seems to be good at running around and causing problems but not finishing or being strong, Nombe has great pace and was exciting to watch for me.

Also think Muirhead has looked good the last few times we've seen him play.

McGrandles has been good of late although didn't think he was great on Saturday. Wasn't convinced by Wooton as man of the match.

Gilbey I thought has shown real fighting spirit of late and I'm glad we have him as captain.

Pawlett and Chuks not so much the last few matches for me.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of a match review comments but just meant to make positive noises about Nombe particularly.

Post subject: Re: Positives
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:34 pm 

Positive we must get rid if Robbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:37 pm 

Silverous wrote:
Thought we might want some positives, or perhaps not, but I thought Sam Nombe looked good on Saturday - he and BTA seemed to have (almost) an understanding and I was convinced they were going to link up and score. I think I'm becoming more confident in him than BTA - BTA seems to be good at running around and causing problems but not finishing or being strong, Nombe has great pace and was exciting to watch for me.

McGrandles has been good of late although didn't think he was great on Saturday. Wasn't convinced by Wooton as man of the match.

Gilbey I thought has shown real fighting spirit of late and I'm glad we have him as captain.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of a match review comments but just meant to make positive noises about Nombe particularly.

Would agree with Nombe, and feel he offers more than Muirhead, who i have to be honest mystifies me, I just dont see what he offers, i havent completley written him off though.
McGrandles has been the suprise package, and he is a lonely plus to the season so far.
Gilbey is ok, but i think he goes missing for large parts of the game, and I would have hoped he would be a bigger influence on the team, but probably one of the better ones.
Pawlett looked good at first, but again his influence on games recently has been minimal.
As for Chuks, seems to get a raw deal from refs, and could do with someone of a similar level to share the load, as with him we are very one dimensional, snuff him out of a game, and thats about us done, so im hoping that Ugbo and Sow can take the pressure off him a bit more now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:34 pm 

1) The setting up of the U23 side in a proper competitive league and the creation of Edu’s new role with the fancy title to oversee and bridge the transition from Academy to First Team.
In my view, this has helped players like BTA and Nombe take their opportunities in the First Team with real match experience and greater confidence.
I assume that this strengthening of the grow your own options is part of the ‘project’.
2) McGrandles, Pawlett and Nesbitt. Reserving judgement on Sow as haven’t seen enough of him injury free and match fit.
I think the loss of Joe Walsh is a big blow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:33 pm 

We're still in the Cup.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:13 pm 

Can I get back to you ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:19 pm 

Bit bored, pulled this together quickly so possibly contains errors.

If we maintain our percentage we'll end up with 51 points which last season would have seen us 18th. But September is a massive deviation so ignoring September, 37 points which places us rock bottom last year (same as Chesterfield). So the only positive is we'll beat Luton.

Attachments:
oh dear.jpg
oh dear.jpg [ 55.89 KiB | Viewed 755 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:33 pm 

The match against Peterborough......in my all time top 5 games

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:57 pm 

Silverous wrote:

Amazing how we all have different opinions I think Muirhead has been total pants in the last couple of games - only thing he did sat was a long range shot

His biggest weakness is that he is always caught on his heels - he never anticipates a ball coming to him - QPR was a classic a couple of times he was flatfooted by a ball that had he been on the half turn ready to go he would of got to the ball - the worrying thing is this is partly instinct and hard to teach but lets give him time !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:05 pm 
Junglecad wrote:
Silverous wrote:

Amazing how we all have different opinions I think Muirhead has been total pants in the last couple of games - only thing he did sat was a long range shot

His biggest weakness is that he is always caught on his heels - he never anticipates a ball coming to him - QPR was a classic a couple of times he was flatfooted by a ball that had he been on the half turn ready to go he would of got to the ball - the worrying thing is this is partly instinct and hard to teach but lets give him time !!!

Agree - Muirhead has been awful this season, not a single game has he impressed, and was particularly poor against Kingston. Needs to move on.