THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Lewington's
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:06 pm 

So the news is out, Lewingtons has been emptied of sofas, flags, seats and tables as the club have been informed it does not comply with safety regulations, and the Cowshed Bar is closed on Saturday as there is snooker in the Arena.
Full details here - https://www.mkdons.com/news/2022/septem ... dons-zone/
Thoughts ?

Post subject: Re: Lewington's
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:19 pm 

Disappointing but I'm not a fire safety expect so I'm not entirely sure what the exact issues are here.

If its just a case of buying tables & chairs that comply, then I struggle to understand why the club can't just purchase these? I recently made use of the Young Don's Zone up there and my daughter loved it. Such a shame its having to move.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:27 pm 

I would love to know if this is off the back of an FRA, If so, would love a copy. Removing furniture is very excessive throughout Lewingtons. Now if they were blocking a fire escape it would be understandable, but they are not from my view point

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:58 pm 

Given that the club has been completely embarrassed by failing to achieve in 15 years what volunteers achieved in one, this alleged fire safety issue seems extremely convenient.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:00 pm 

How come pubs can be full of all sorts of furniture but Lewies can't ? What exactly is the objection and who says ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:07 pm 

AylesburyDon wrote:
I would love to know if this is off the back of an FRA, If so, would love a copy. Removing furniture is very excessive throughout Lewingtons. Now if they were blocking a fire escape it would be understandable, but they are not from my view point

This. Unilaterally removing absolutely everything smacks of the club wanting to make Lewie's as unappealing as possible so that people stop using it.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:29 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
AylesburyDon wrote:

This. Unilaterally removing absolutely everything smacks of the club wanting to make Lewie's as unappealing as possible so that people stop using it.

I don't think the club are that malicious. The bar was surely only a positive for them, as it brought in revenue. What could possibly be a negative?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:32 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
AylesburyDon wrote:

I don't think the club are that malicious. The bar was surely only a positive for them, as it brought in revenue. What could possibly be a negative?

It wasn’t their idea in the first place and was set up to almost spite them for going back on their initial plan to build a new bar after kicking us out of Red Dot.

They’ve never wanted it, that’s been made abundantly clear. But they took the good publicity and ran with it until they had an excuse to shut it down.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
AylesburyDon wrote:

It wasn’t their idea in the first place and was set up to almost spite them for going back on their initial plan to build a new bar after kicking us out of Red Dot.

They’ve never wanted it, that’s been made abundantly clear. But they took the good publicity and ran with it until they had an excuse to shut it down.

Why did they never want it though? There is a lot of criticism for the club at the moment, but it seems like a lot of people enjoy it and are waiting for the next opportunity to slag the club off.

Not saying it isn’t justified at times, but every little decision is being scrutinised at the moment.

The world has gone H&S mad and if the Lewington’s was breaching fire safety, then the club have little choice. I find it hard to believe that the club would actively try and alienate its own supporters for no reason.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:06 pm 

AylesburyDon wrote:

Yup. Me too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next