THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lewington's
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:39 pm 

Note - reposted from a post on Facebook:

MKDSA STATEMENT - Lewington's Update
7th October 2022

The MKDSA have been in ongoing discussions with the club on the recent updates regarding Lewington’s bar. We are now able to comment as follows.

“The MKDSA would like to update our members & supporters around the ongoing dialogue with the club regarding the proposals for Lewington’s bar.”

“We met with the club this Thursday to review plans for a swift resolution to the issues that arose recently due to compliance, fire safety regulations & building control.”

“During the meeting with the club, MKDSA & members of the Supporters Board, we were presented with visuals of the plans for the new non-combustible furniture. We were also able to review proposals for the set-up & raised provision for disabled supporters to be factored into these.”

“Another aspect reviewed, was around the visual aesthetic to keep with the spirit of our fan bar, with the look & feel, being in line with the views of our members & fans alike, as so many have worked hard to achieve this over recent years since its set up”

“Samples of the graphics were reviewed & the MKDSA has asked that input is sought from supporters as to how this could be best put to use in the bar areas”

“An initial plan has now been agreed, which the club will now engage the local authority on, to seek their approval, so that these plans can move forward as soon as this has been received”

“We would like to put on record our thanks to the Chairman & members of the board & staff, for meeting with us review plans & have asked for regular updates so supporters are kept up to date with developments as these progress”

“We will of course keep supporters updated on developments as we continue to work closely with the club & advocate on behalf of our members & fans alike, through this process.”

“Whilst the current situation has been frustrating for everyone, we continue to work with the club & Supporters Board, & are determined to make sure that these setbacks are resolved in as timely, safe, practical a way as possible”

Aiden Gray – MKDSA Chairman

Clubs statement:

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2022/october/lewingtons-update--fri-7-oct/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:25 am 

Rearrange these words into a coherent sentence…

The. Bolted. Horse. Stable. After. Closing. Door. The. Has.

Looking forward to whatever the next debacle emanating from the club will be. It’s been one thing after another. This won’t redress the shitstorm that we’ve become in the last two months.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:35 am 

Gers wrote:

Looking forward to whatever the next debacle emanating from the club will be. It’s been one thing after another. This won’t redress the shitstorm that we’ve become in the last two months.

I think that is a bit harsh. Many on here said the club didn't care and wouldn't help. They have shown that their critics are wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:48 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Gers wrote:

I think that is a bit harsh. Many on here said the club didn't care and wouldn't help. They have shown that their critics are wrong.

Perhaps if ‘The Club’ had made good on his, sorry, it’s promise of giving us a supporters bar that day we wouldn’t be where we are now. But hey-ho, when facts change I change my mind. And when they stay the same, I retain my position.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:33 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Gers wrote:

They're only doing something because the position has become untenable. A bit like Truss only dropping the 45p tax because they had to.
If they had done it right in the first place then the club wouldn't have to be doing it now. It still doesn't come across that the club have any enthusiasm for Lewingtons. A big gesture towards the fans is needed from the club.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:03 pm 

Alejandro Showy Wales wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Gers wrote:

They're only doing something because the position has become untenable. A bit like Truss only dropping the 45p tax because they had to.
If they had done it right in the first place then the club wouldn't have to be doing it now. It still doesn't come across that the club have any enthusiasm for Lewingtons. A big gesture towards the fans is needed from the club.

This. It’s PR management at best. They’ve never wanted the bar after all

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:25 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
Alejandro Showy Wales wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Gers wrote:

This. It’s PR management at best. They’ve never wanted the bar after all

It's bad PR. If the club had a PR company they wouldn't continually be making some obvious mistakes, you'd at least have the veneer they wanted to help the fans.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:25 pm 

Quote:
the Club would now follow up on the commitment to engage with the Local Authority and seek their approval for this plan, which will require further investment from the Club

From the latest update from the Club.

Further investment? Care to comment WellDon?
What previous investment was there from the Club?
It feels as if this has been mentioned deliberately.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:35 pm 

Runyak Huntz wrote:
Quote:
the Club would now follow up on the commitment to engage with the Local Authority and seek their approval for this plan, which will require further investment from the Club

From the latest update from the Club.

Further investment? Care to comment WellDon?
What previous investment was there from the Club?
It feels as if this has been mentioned deliberately.

I guess "investment" can be time and energy, not just actual funding stuff?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:56 pm 

Yeah i read that and thought why are they making a big point about "further investment" when there didn't seem to be any in the first place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next