All times are UTC

Post subject: Ugbo scores
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:05 pm 

For Chelsea reserves. :cry:

Post subject: Re: Ugbo scores
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:09 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
For Chelsea reserves. :cry:

Now that's a fecking weird arse loan, why would we apparently let Chelsea prioritise their reserve side over our 1st team?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:09 pm 

Let's hope there aren't any other teams where there is an agreement he shouldn't play (except for Chelsea in the next round of the cup).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:14 pm 

Chelsea originally didn’t want him to come to us until after the Chelsea U23 game he has just scored in. In which case he would have missed the AFC game anyway.
However, Robbie persuaded them to let him come to us for the QPR game to make sure we had signed the paperwork before someone else came in and snapped him up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:17 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Let's hope there aren't any other teams where there is an agreement he shouldn't play (except for Chelsea in the next round of the cup).

It is nothing to do with him not being able to play against certain teams.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:18 pm 

leodon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

It is nothing to do with him not being able to play against certain teams.

So you say. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:19 pm 

leodon wrote:
Chelsea originally didn’t want him to come to us until after the Chelsea U23 game he has just scored in. In which case he would have missed the AFC game anyway.
However, Robbie persuaded them to let him come to us for the QPR game to make sure we had signed the paperwork before someone else came in and snapped him up.

Personally, I’m taking that at face value. However, many weren’t yesterday. Also, I can understand why the details weren’t disclosed last week. Better to keep the opposition guessing.. Same goes for the Walsh & Golbourne injuries. It’s always better to release such info post match.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
leodon wrote:

Personally, I’m taking that at face value. However, many weren’t yesterday. Also, I can understand why the details weren’t disclosed last week. Better to keep the opposition guessing.. Same goes for the Walsh & Golbourne injuries. It’s always better to release such info post match.

But we the paying fans should have complete transparency at all times. It is our right ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:36 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Ugbo scores.... For Chelsea reserves. :cry:

Oh good. That warms my heart. Much more important he scores in an U-23 match than in our meaningless little game yesterday.

leodon wrote:

The bit I don't get about that is that wasn't Ugbo originally on a season loan at Barnsley? I assume they weren't planning to call him back sporadically to play in random U-23 league games while he was there? So why, when he has tied himself to another club for the second half of the season was it so important that he miss that teams biggest match just for an U-23 league game? Surely they had other options once he'd signed for us? It all seems unnecessary given the relative importance of the two games.

Barnsley also signed him on the knowledge that he would play for Chelsea U-23 in yesterday’s game, it just wasn’t reported so as not to upset their supporters. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:42 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Ugbo scores.... For Chelsea reserves. :cry:

Oh good. That warms my heart. Much more important he scores in an U-23 match than in our meaningless little game yesterday.

leodon wrote:

The bit I don't get about that is that wasn't Ugbo originally on a season loan at Barnsley? I assume they weren't planning to call him back sporadically to play in random U-23 league games while he was there? So why, when he has tied himself to another club for the second half of the season was it so important that he miss that teams biggest match just for an U-23 league game? Surely they had other options once he'd signed for us? It all seems unnecessary given the relative importance of the two games.

Barnsley also signed him on the knowledge that he would play for Chelsea U-23 in yesterday’s game, it just wasn’t reported so as not to upset their supporters. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: