THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:12 pm 

Funny thread this one, some on wup saying the exact same thing. Obviously they were soon shot down by their nuckledraggers! Seems a little bit of disturbance after the game, some saying our youf whilst others saying it was scum customers giving our youf a slap. Pays ya money and takes your choice. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Funny thread this one, some on wup saying the exact same thing. Obviously they were soon shot down by their nuckledraggers! Seems a little bit of disturbance after the game, some saying our youf whilst others saying it was scum customers giving our youf a slap. Pays ya money and takes your choice. :lol:

On the way out, I did some of our yoof covering up their faces with scarves etc., so I assumed they were off the re-enact Football Factory somewhere. But I suppose they may just have been cold and were taking their mothers' advice to wrap up warm. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:22 pm 
There were a few running battles in the carpark afterwards, which you wouldn't expect from any other club, but other than that, it's just another game. You know they'll bring less and less each year as their general attendances drop, you know they'll be a bit mouthy outside, but mainly to women and kids, and you know they'll do anything they can to get a bit of media coverage in the run-up to the game - hence the "look at us for a minute" QC-gate bollocks earlier in the week. (I couldn't help comparing them with Nigel Farage popping up again because nobody had paid him any attention for a while).

But it is all pretty normalised I'd say.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:04 pm 

Good opening post by Keyser on this. Another thing to add, is that at the match a few months ago at Kingston, they got into trouble with the FA about the scoreboard and programme etc etc and disrespecting us.....well, certainly my friends, who support a whole range of other clubs, rolled their eyes and said AFC are being childish etc. And I sensed the footballing world in general lost patience with those kind of antics....and many football folk have "moved on" now. OK...so we still get fans of other clubs writing on their forums calling us "Franchise" and "not a proper club" etc - but these are getting less now, and more seem to be writing stuff more positive about us.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:11 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

On the way out, I did some of our yoof covering up their faces with scarves etc., so I assumed they were off the re-enact Football Factory somewhere. But I suppose they may just have been cold and were taking their mothers' advice to wrap up warm. :)

Think they were the ones that nicked the sign off the side of the AFC coach and then posted their photos on Twitter :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:23 pm 
Lol. did someone nick it?

I took a few pictures, as you could see Milton Keynes from the hotel sign reflecting above it. Backwards of course. At the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:31 pm 

Brando wrote:
There were a few running battles in the carpark afterwards, which you wouldn't expect from any other club, but other than that, it's just another game. You know they'll bring less and less each year as their general attendances drop, you know they'll be a bit mouthy outside, but mainly to women and kids, and you know they'll do anything they can to get a bit of media coverage in the run-up to the game - hence the "look at us for a minute" QC-gate bollocks earlier in the week. (I couldn't help comparing them with Nigel Farage popping up again because nobody had paid him any attention for a while).

Very disappointing. If attacked you must defend yourself of course but it's not the sort of imaginary the club wants to be associated with. Anyone know if people (from either side) got arrested?
Or indeed if they caused any damage again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:37 pm 
Aliramone wrote:
Brando wrote:

Very disappointing. If attacked you must defend yourself of course but it's not the sort of imaginary the club wants to be associated with. Anyone know if people (from either side) got arrested?

No idea if this was ours, theirs or both btw.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:40 pm 

leodon wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

Think they were the ones that nicked the sign off the side of the AFC coach and then posted their photos on Twitter :lol:

Any photos, hilarious! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:03 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Brando wrote:

Nothing happened. Probably just Another game of name blaming and “they did this” and “we never did that” from both sides I think.

Apparently.

UTF