THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Amidst the euphoria
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:45 pm 

In my view, this is a sad day for the Dons. The MK way, was always to back our players and managers just a little too long rather than terminate just a little too soon. Will that come back to bite us in the future?

I can't help wondering if Winkie 'blinked' about 3 or 4 games too soon. I'm a little surprised by that, but none of us really know what has been happening behind the scenes, I suppose.

Anyway, as a fanbase we should back the decision and move noting and hoping that the very real risk we now run of absolute chaos till the end of the season, does not materialise. I really hope it doesn't.

Those smug fans who feel they have got their way can now have their moment in the sun. They pay their money and are entitled to their opinions. They are not entitled to abuse our players after the match though - I hope any who committed a criminal offence are dealt with properly. Dons fans or no Dons fans.

Funny old game.

Post subject: Re: Amidst the euphoria
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:46 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
In my view, this is a sad day for the Dons. The MK way, was always to back our players and managers just a little too long rather than terminate just a little too soon.

I can't help wondering if Winkie 'blinked' about 3 or 4 games too soon. I'm a little surprised by that, but none of us really know what has been happening behind the scenes, I suppose.

Anyway, as a fanbase we should back the decision and move noting and hoping that the very real risk we now run of absolute chaos till the end of the season, does not materialise. I really hope it doesn't.

Those smug fans who feel they have got their way can now have their moment in the sun. They pay their money and are entitled to their opinions. They are not entitled to abuse our players after the match though - I hope any who committed a criminal offence are dealt with properly. Dons fans or no Dons fans.

Funny old game.

Mmmm...bit of a lame post. Refer to my thread on "that" interview Pete gave....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:48 pm 
I hope things pick up, but anyone who is in the “anyone would be better” camp, clearly hasn’t been paying attention for the last 18 months or so.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:49 pm 
Please don't associate everyone that wanted Neilson to go with the very small minority of "fans" (idiots) after today's game that apparently got involved in altercations with players/staff.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and there are lots of people that wanted Neilson out, as well as those who wanted him to be given a bit longer.

Either way, the league and form table doesn't lie, and managers have lost their jobs for much less. I don't have much sympathy for Neilson - he knew the risks, and he is very well compensated for his time. That's football.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:51 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Please don't associate everyone that wanted Neilson to go with the very small minority of "fans" (idiots) after today's game that apparently got involved in altercations with players/staff.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and there are lots of people that wanted Neilson out, as well as those who wanted him to be given a bit longer.

Either way, the league and form table doesn't lie, and managers have lost their jobs for much less. I don't have much sympathy for Neilson - he knew the risks, and he is very well compensated for his time. That's football.

100% echo this. I do not condone any of those "fans" who protested today....but please do not associate them with those of us on TCR who have been wanting RN out for a while now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:53 pm 

Galverion wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
In my view, this is a sad day for the Dons. The MK way, was always to back our players and managers just a little too long rather than terminate just a little too soon.

Funny old game.

If you consider my post lame, might I respectively suggest you read it again (and Brando's post further down this thread) and consider this simple question - what could possibly now go wrong?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:57 pm 

Galverion wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

100% echo this. I do not condone any of those "fans" who protested today....but please do not associate them with those of us on TCR who have been wanting RN out for a while now.

Can someone shed some light to what actually happened today after the final whistle??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:57 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Galverion wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:

Funny old game.

If you consider my post lame, might I respectively suggest you read it again (and Brando's post further down this thread) and consider this simple question - what could possibly now go wrong?

What I took exception to the most was calling us who wanted RN out as "smug"...but not at all. I wish the best to Robbie for his future career, and in a sense never like to rejoice over seeing anyone connected to our club ending in such a way...but you will find first and foremost, we wanted RN out simply because we want the very best for our club. Simple as that. Hopefully we can now avoid relegation, and start afresh over the summer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:06 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
In my view, this is a sad day for the Dons. The MK way, was always to back our players and managers just a little too long rather than terminate just a little too soon. Will that come back to bite us in the future?

Those smug fans who feel they have got their way can now have their moment in the sun. They pay their money and are entitled to their opinions. [tweet]They are not entitled to abuse our players after the match though[/tweet] - I hope any who committed a criminal offence are dealt with properly. Dons fans or no Dons fans.

Funny old game.

Agree. And as a confirmed 'anti boo-er' anyway I think that was dreadful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:06 pm 

Galverion wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
Galverion wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:

Funny old game.

What I took exception to the most was calling us who wanted RN out as "smug"...but not at all. I wish the best to Robbie for his future career, and in a sense never like to rejoice over seeing anyone connected to our club ending in such a way...but you will find first and foremost, we wanted RN out simply because we want the very best for our club. Simple as that. Hopefully we can now avoid relegation, and start afresh over the summer.

I hadn't give you a second thought in being smug, so please don't take offence where none was intended. There are many, many more fans who wanted Nexit then a few on TCR, tbh.