THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 pm 

Scribble wrote:
I believe we have enough to stay in this league

Were you there yesterday!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:26 am 

The negativity on here is outstanding

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:44 am 

MK Jack wrote:

We're one point off the relegation zone, and two off a team with a game in hand over us (Wimbledon). That's a dire situation for any club to be one, and when we've been promised to challenge for automatic promotion and we're not even close to that, it's impossible not to be negative. That's forgetting that awfully dull football we play as well, which adds insult to injury.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 am 

RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
MK Jack wrote:

We're one point off the relegation zone, and two off a team with a game in hand over us (Wimbledon). That's a dire situation for any club to be one, and when we've been promised to challenge for automatic promotion and we're not even close to that, it's impossible not to be negative. That's forgetting that awfully dull football we play as well, which adds insult to injury.

Stop calling them wimbledon.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:07 am 

MK Jack wrote:

No it's not.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 am 

RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
MK Jack wrote:

Apart from calling them "Wimbledon" I agree with this brutal-truth summary.

RN was looking for promotion at the start of the season...so he set the bar. We are now in huge danger of being relegated. In any business, such a failure would demand attention, even sacking. I have annual end of year reviews where I work, and I know I would be in trouble if I had performed very poorly.

That is the black and white reality of it, and any fan of any other club would look at our situation and agree. As I said over the weekend, nothing against RN personally (indeed I find his calm manner refreshing) but he simply is not cut out for MKD. Pete was brave to appoint him, untested in England - but it has not worked.

Some of you may harp on about this being "negative"...but it is actually being positive, to challenge bad things when you care and support the club, and want the best for it.

My prediction is this - now on the wire time - if we lose the next game and slip into the relegation zone, Pete will certainly sack him. Watch this space...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:04 am 

Galverion wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
MK Jack wrote:

RN was looking for promotion at the start of the season...so he set the bar. We are now in huge danger of being relegated. In any business, such a failure would demand attention, even sacking. I have annual end of year reviews where I work, and I know I would be in trouble if I had performed very poorly.

That is the black and white reality of it, and any fan of any other club would look at our situation and agree. As I said over the weekend, nothing against RN personally (indeed I find his calm manner refreshing) but he simply is not cut out for MKD. Pete was brave to appoint him, untested in England - but it has not worked.

Some of you may harp on about this being "negative"...but it is actually being positive, to challenge bad things when you care and support the club, and want the best for it.

My prediction is this - now on the wire time - if we lose the next game and slip into the relegation zone, Pete will certainly sack him. Watch this space...

He won't.

It's fairly obvious that the money that could be spent on compensation for Neilson and his team by sacking them, will be spent on players to try and drag us out the mire and at the same time will be a last ditch attempt at saving this 'project'.

He'll go, if we go down.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:06 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Galverion wrote:
RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
MK Jack wrote:

He won't.

It's fairly obvious that the money that could be spent on compensation for Neilson and his team by sacking them, will be spent on players to try and drag us out the mire and at the same time will be a last ditch attempt at saving this 'project'.

He'll go, if we go down.

19 days into January and only 2 loan players who are kids. They can not command much of a salary. Fuck knows what his "project" is, but they need a better project manager that is for sure!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:02 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
There was a sense on here last night, that many really do believe that we are now likely to go down. I really think that is unlikely. If you take emotion out of it and examine what a relegation heading team looks like year after year, then I'd suggest we currently don't look like one.

What does a relegation heading team look like mid -Jan, in any season? I'd suggest they'd usually tick at least half of these boxes:-

Already in relegation zone
Very poor run of form over Christmas
Out of all cups
Losing key players in the transfer window as they jump ship
Conceding goals at an alarming rate
Terrible goal difference
Rumours of serious unrest in dressing room
Manager and Chairman publicly falling out
Getting battered by the promotion contender sides
Squad so low on depth and quality that the bench consistently has no league 1 experience
Crowd REALLY calling for the manger to be sacked
Most clubs seeing a fixture against us as a 'three- pointer' opportunity when coming to our ground
History of losing relegation battles

For me, the absolute worst thing we could do is to de-stabilise where we currently are by sacking Neilson, however uncomfortable that is to hear for those who want instant gratification in solving problems. If we do go down - we have a real problem. Let's not overly increase that risk when the current trajectory, for me, is that if things follow the natural way of football we will not go down this season. Sack Neilson in the summer, if needs be. Not now.

I think we tick as many of those boxes as Bury, Rochdale and Oldham.
And we have another disadvantage that many around us don't have - a lack of MK-experienced players in the squad.
We also have an overly big, rather soulless stadium - something that doesn't help in the current circumstances.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:06 pm 

He has to go and NOW this evening it sadly hasn't worked we will go down unless Pete makes a change

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next