THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Robbie Neilson
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:49 pm 

Are there many people / anybody who's still a fan and think we should be allowed to carry on? Or is it a split decision between those who want him out and those who think he we can't afford the compensation and won't be able to turn it round this late in the season anyway?

Post subject: Re: Robbie Neilson
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 am 

Hello everyone, So tell me who is going to come in now and do any better. Pete made the choice and will stick with him, it’s a long term plan I believe, it’s not great at the moment granted but this plan is in its infancy, the old dead wood needed to be culled, it’s becoming a new younger team with the future in mind, we will survive and thrive if we let him get on with it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 am 

MK Jack wrote:
Hello everyone, So tell me who is going to come in now and do any better. Pete made the choice and will stick with him, it’s a long term plan I believe, it’s not great at the moment granted but this plan is in its infancy, the old dead wood needed to be culled, it’s becoming a new younger team with the future in mind, we will survive and thrive if we let him get on with it

Thanks for joining Stevie. Welcome. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 am 
MK Jack wrote:

If being a point outside the relegation zone in mid-January is part of the plan, then at best the plan is far too risky, and at worst an absolute clusterfuck.

Absolutely nothing I have seen this season from Neilson or any players suggests we will thrive in this league. Most of this squad wont be here in a couple of years, so its hardly building for the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:23 am 

MK Jack wrote:

This

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:36 am 

Ted wrote:
MK Jack wrote:

This

Well the players may be okish and initially I was a supporter of 'the new regime' but IMHO RN has shown, in practice, very little idea of tactics. As I posted last night if there was a game plan yesterday it eluded me completely. And its not just that one game....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:19 pm 

Here's some tips for Robbie on how to score goals. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42655915

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:05 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

And let's never forget the advice of our own beloved Paul Ince:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:42 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

And let's never forget the advice of our own beloved Paul Ince:

He wasn't wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:55 pm 

So many threads to talk about an issue in which Winkelman has already offered his support to Robbie. (Albeit, a couple of months ago when all the rumours were flying around.)

Winkelman is not one for hiring and firing so can't see Robbie going at all, even if we are relegated.