THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:08 pm 

In amongst all the doom and gloom - let’s give a shout out to our U18s who beat AFC 2-1 today to win the Youth Alliance League for the first time in the Club’s history.
Well done lads - hope for the future.
https://www.mkdons.com/news/2018/januar ... gue-title/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:19 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
That's good news. And they're still in the FA Youth cup. And if you add in that the first team are still in the FA Cup then, actually, if you ignore the minor issue of the league one table, it's been a pretty good season. Congrats to Edu and Robbie on a fine 2017/18. ;)

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:21 pm 

It is great news. Well done kids.

The only downside to this is it will add credence to the Rubio in lunatics, who will now REALLY believe we do have Pep Junior in our ranks and he is the Lord saviour to take us to league 1 glory.

All based on a A* ifollow performance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:28 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:

The only downside to this is it will add credence to the Rubio in lunatics, who will now REALLY believe we do have Pep Junior in our ranks and he is the Lord saviour to take us to league 1 glory.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:

But it’s in our dna!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:07 pm 

Congrats to the U18s. see nothing wrong with Ed's ambition to be a manager in the Premiership, while Robbie could hardly be doing any worse than Ed might do at the moment (although I believe maybe it's not the right time at the moment, except for temporary cover). I would like to see us going back to an old head and an ambitious newcomer combo. Whether in the future that is Ed and A N Other remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:29 pm 

Don Direction wrote:

But it’s in our dna!

I’m not suggesting for one second that it’s deliberate, but Ed’s repeated mantra’s of DNA, Philosophy, the MK Way etc. are only serving to highlight the footballing shortcomings of Neilson and his staff in many fans eyes.

Ed’s a footballing romantic and we’ve already had one of those at the helm. Some of us enjoyed it, in fact most did when we won, but the large majority wanted something else. Well, we’re here now and it ain’t pretty, is it? However, let’s take our poison and hope it does us good in the long term. Ed’s really not the answer right now. Whether circumstances change in the future before he’s tempted away, who knows?