THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:26 pm 

I was just wondering if there are any fans on here no longer going or have reduced their attendance, I have one mate who now only goes to away matches because…..in his words …..he’s not giving them another penny.
Be interested to know if you do fit the bill, and what are your reasons.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:36 pm 

I just go now and again for the day out, to be honest.

Think I'll probably only do aways next season - not as a protest, just because home games are such a waste of an afternoon. :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:39 pm 

Like I've said elsewhere. I go because it's become what I do. I don't do away games any longer for the simple reason that I'm not well enough. I'll go next season, but this time of year is always the same for me, I can't wait for the season to end. There's just far too much football. There's a game on the telly every night this week. I've had enough. Then we've the Euro's in the summer. Give it a fucking rest.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:41 pm 

I go to fewer games than I did when my youngest son was growing up. I still enjoy watching football in general and my home town team in particular. Mostly home games now rather than away.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:50 pm 

I go because I like spending time with my friends and my old man. However if he packed it in I'd probably only do the odd away game

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:11 pm 

Used to go quite regularly to stadium MK when living in Willen. Loved being in the Cowshed. Did find that when the crowd was under 9000 the atmosphere was rather flat generally. Stadium like ours needs 12k+ to be buzzing

Now as im living near Hereford, I have to pick and choose the big games as its a 5hr round trip. Hope we can go back to how things were under Karl, and wouldnt be happy to see him back as boss.

GLA

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:12 pm 

Will keep going no matter what. Full time fan, not just when its good.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:22 pm 

I'm still signed up for next season.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:23 pm 

I still go 3/4 of home games, although I enjoy it less and less but that's more to do with the crowd attitude rather than the team. Drumming along and shouting "shit" really pisses me off...but each to their own

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:33 pm 

Go to all league home games. Won't go to cup games as I can't sit in my seat - and yes it is a big thing. (Had to be pursuaded to go on Sat).

Have found myself losing the emotional attachment that I used to have. I remember a few seasons ago it really hurt to lose and made Sundays great when we won. Now it's a bit of meh.

I do wonder if I'm preparing myself to stop going or the team to go further down.

Two previous posts I thought were quite enlightening: The first stated that this season we were financed like we were still a first div team and things will be very different next season and the second referred to the steady decline since the 2014/15 season. It finished by posing the question "have we hit bottom yet?"