THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MK Dons Women
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:46 pm 

The women's team are taking Billericay Town on this afternoon. There is commentary as I thought. Find it here if you're interested...

http://www.cwsportradio.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:01 pm 
Lost 2-1. Billericay had a player sent off too!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:02 am 

Don’t know if anyone else noticed it but our Goalscorer shares a name (of Italian descent) with an old Dons fan we haven’t seen for years. Related?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:12 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Don’t know if anyone else noticed it but our Goalscorer shares a name (of Italian descent) with an old Dons fan we haven’t seen for years. Related?

I thought that very same thing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:41 am 

It's a shame there's no livestreaming capability for this. I'd gladly pay a fiver or so to watch a game a la iFollow if the option was there, and I don't imagine I'd be the only one.

Appreciate that there's obviously infrastructure cost with regards to setting up recording equipment, but does anyone know: have the club done any assessments as to whether it would be financially viable and a good way of generating money (or at least, not end up being that expensive and therefore willing to fund it to increase exposure etc.)? Or are there issues with regards to the recording rights with their league / cup competitions?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:27 pm 
Camdenite wrote:

As I, like others on this thread, have him as a friend on Fakebook, a quick search of her friends and family would appear not. Strange as they both seem to originate from the same place!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:30 pm 

That is something I would support too. It would also be better if the match centre on the OS is made live, as the 1st team games are.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:35 pm 

At a point when the club is penny-pinching to the extreme, there's no way they're going to fork out on things like match centres and live streaming for a very limited audience, surely?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:57 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
At a point when the club is penny-pinching to the extreme, there's no way they're going to fork out on things like match centres and live streaming for a very limited audience, surely?

Why not ? Updating the match centre live can't cost much.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:00 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Why not ? Updating the match centre live can't cost much.

The women's matches are normally on Sunday, aren't they? So you'll need to get someone in from what would normally be their day off to cover it (which means they have to take time off during the week instead), or you have to pay a freelancer to do it.

I guess you could get an intern or a work experience kid to do it for free/expenses, but then they might not be any good. Plus that would be taking the piss IMO.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next