THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MK Dons Women
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:33 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Locutus wrote:
The objectives would be to raise awareness and interest in the womens team

Will it, though?

People know that the women's team exists, there's plenty of info about it on the club's official channels, and the financial barrier to watching them is virtually non-existent (it's half the price of going to the cinema). And how many people actually attend? A few hundred?

I find it hard to believe that anyone who genuinely wants to watch MK Dons Women isn't going already. Forcing everyone to pay extra, and giving the women's team an extra £45k or whatever, isn't going to make a blind bit of difference IMO.

This probably makes me sound like I have a massive downer on women's football and I don't. It sounds like our women's team are doing well, and that's great. But there does seem to be a huge gap in perception between how big people (especially the media) think women's football can get and how many people are actually interested. England are getting great crowds but WSL attendances are still only at National League level - Chelsea still struggle to fill Kingsmeadow.

If you want to get MK Dons Women in front of a (slightly) larger audience, my suggestion would be to play one of their games at midday on the next Family Fun Day.

Agree, people like getting something extra. Have the women at midday and then the men at 3pm people will go for that doubleday.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:12 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
If you want to get MK Dons Women in front of a (slightly) larger audience, my suggestion would be to play one of their games at midday on the next Family Fun Day.

I can't disagree there, that's a very good idea actually.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:04 pm 

The ladies lost 5-1 away to Ipswich today

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 3:31 pm 

Not interested if it was free and the bottom of my Garden still not interested, getting sick of it being rammed down my throat on the BBC because they've lost the rights to other sports, £45,000 been mentioned as a season ticket holder spend it on the mens playing budget

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 4:13 pm 

Mk Ron wrote:
Not interested if it was free and the bottom of my Garden still not interested, getting sick of it being rammed down my throat on the BBC because they've lost the rights to other sports, £45,000 been mentioned as a season ticket holder spend it on the mens playing budget

Jesus wept shut up you twat

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:36 pm 

Mk Ron wrote:

Don't watch the fucking BBC then.

I'm not a fan of women's football - I've been to an FA Cup final and an Olympic final and I just can't get excited about it. But clearly lots of people are getting into it, especially with an England team doing so well. Fair play to them. Different people like different things.

£45,000 pays one first-team salary for what, two months or so? And you want to shut down an entire team (of amateurs who do it because they love it) for the sake of that amount of money, just because you don't like it?

I'm the least 'woke' person you'll ever find and even I think you're coming across as an old angry white bloke. :lol:

EDIT TO ADD: it's being shoved down your throat so much that you felt the need to post on a thread about it that has been inactive for more than five months?!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:44 pm 

Women play football?

;)

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:10 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Women play football?

;)

Bad luck, Scotland!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:44 pm 

Mk Ron wrote:
Not interested if it was free and the bottom of my Garden still not interested, getting sick of it being rammed down my throat on the BBC because they've lost the rights to other sports

It is not being rammed down your throat. You are choosing to use a website/channel that covers something you don't like and then moan about it. Also, there is currently only one article on the BBC Football home page about women's football and that is about a Champions League semi-final which had 60,000 in attendance...

BBC is covering it more because there is a growing interest and of course they will therefore promote it more no different to any other television programme/sporting event they have the rights to. I wonder if you feel the same, or would make similar comments, about new TV shows that BBC advertise on their platforms that you are not interested in

For the record, I give fairly little fucks about women's football. In the same way I have little interest in French football, Russian football, Olympic football, u21s tournaments or whatever else.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:47 am 

Bloke sought out a post from 6/7 months ago to moan its "rammed down his throat" btw

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next