THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:05 pm 

I've never watched such a clueless MK side.

- hoofing the ball in whatever direction possible without taking a touch and seeing what other options there may be

- no width

- no playing through the thirds

- non existent midfield

- players seem to be unaware of their position or roles

- without chuks christ knows how much lower we'd be

We are complete crap. AFC should have won. Wobblers are on a roll

And it's not as if we can go and get a couple of decent players to help.

We're stuck with this shit and WE'RE GOING DOWN PETE!!

Last edited by RedDotDon on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:06 pm 

Yup. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:13 pm 

Agree with OP... except that KFC are even worse. Apart from their number 33 who is useful (but can't shoot). Them going down might be what, just, keeps us up.

As for us - remember the infuriating way KR always played the safety card for Martin's goal kicks? Line it up on the left and launch it to Lewie's head on the touchline? It seems that RN has taken it to the nth degree. Nicholls doesn't seem to be permitted to do anything except hoof it (goal kick or out of his hands). Cissé came back in acres of space and screamed for Lee to roll it out to him... a quick glance at the bench and Cissé was ignored and the ball was hoofed to the halfway line scrum.

Tedious.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:14 pm 

We're just shocking, and many people are resigned to the Dons getting relegated. Even if PW sacks Neilson tomorrow it'll be hard to find a manager who can steady the ship and put a few wins together with a squad this poor. Forget getting in a bunch of quality players - they're simply not available in the January transfer window, and definitely not for our budget (£0).

I heard a few people saying today that they only go to Stadium:MK for an afternoon with their mates, and they've pretty well given up on watching the football!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:17 pm 

Do not forget what the Hearts fans were saying a year or so ago...they were not exactly sad when RN left them were they ?

Look, on a personal level, I have nothing against RN. I like his calm, quiet manner - and he seems a genuine chap. But he is simply not cut out for MK Dons. Surely everyone can see that now ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:19 pm 

SwanDonOne wrote:
We're just shocking, and many people are resigned to the Dons getting relegated. Even if PW sacks Neilson tomorrow it'll be hard to find a manager who can steady the ship and put a few wins together with a squad this poor. Forget getting in a bunch of quality players - they're simply not available in the January transfer window, and definitely not for our budget (£0).

I heard a few people saying today that they only go to Stadium:MK for an afternoon with their mates, and they've pretty well given up on watching the football!

As said elsewhere I am banking on AFC to save us.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:21 pm 

SwanDonOne wrote:

Agree on the last paragraph. We've been saying that since October.

Wouldn't dream of jacking it in though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:28 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
SwanDonOne wrote:

Looking at our fixtures for April and May we've got some real shockers - I can't see us getting many points out of the last few matches at all. It's nice to think AFC would "save us" just by being worse, but if they keep in touching distance I suspect they're bound to overtake us in April.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:30 pm 

SwanDonOne wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
SwanDonOne wrote:

Looking at our fixtures for April and May we've got some real shockers - I can't see us getting many points out of the last few matches at all. It's nice to think AFC would "save us" just by being worse, but if they keep in touching distance I suspect they're bound to overtake us in April.

Why? They are as bad or even worse than we are.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:16 pm 

Hard to disagree with this, the football is appalling, we wanted Robinson out, now look what's happened, player's of some stature and quality gone, poorer players in, you do the math