THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:59 am 

There is no chance that Pete will get rid off RN unless and until we get relegated. If we end up in League 2 next season, it will be with a different manager but for the rest of this season RN will remain in charge.

There is a bit of black humour developing about looking forward to League 2 but it would in practice be crap. Stadium MK can feel soulless enough with 8,000 people in it but will be really grim with half of that and no money at all for players.

So my view is - there is no doubt we are in a bad place and the standard of football we are watching is awful, with all the worst traits of the Scottish game having been imported into our team. But the manager won't be going until we go down, so we need to do what we can to get behind the players we have got and then pray that there will be four teams below us at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:00 am 

HarpenDon wrote:
There is no chance that Pete will get rid off RN unless and until we get relegated. If we end up in League 2 next season, it will be with a different manager but for the rest of this season RN will remain in charge.

There is a bit of black humour developing about looking forward to League 2 but it would in practice be crap. Stadium MK can feel soulless enough with 8,000 people in it but will be really grim with half of that and no money at all for players.

So my view is - there is no doubt we are in a bad place and the standard of football we are watching is awful, with all the worst traits of the Scottish game having been imported into our team. But the manager won't be going until we go down, so we need to do what we can to get behind the players we have got and then pray that there will be four teams below us at the end of the season.

I think you've called it right there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:14 am 

keyser soze wrote:
HarpenDon wrote:

I think you've called it right there.

Fear this also.
I guess the Keyser Express is back in storage ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:04 pm 

Alby wrote:
dons50 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Coddy wrote:
Nkdon wrote:
Coddy wrote:
Brando wrote:
I’m definitely not a pro-Neilson person, but I wouldn’t get rid now. The way I see it, if we get rid of him, it will cost us cash that could otherwise be spent to try and keep us up. Likely outcome - relegation. If we keep him and invest wisely, then I think the odds on us staying up are slightly better. Only slightly though - I can see nothing that suggests either the squad or the manager are capable of staying up.

(I’d be interested to see if Winkie still thinks getting rid of Robbo was the right decision - everything I can see suggests it was a bad move.)

I don't suppose many on here feel the same, but I was gutted when Robinson was sacked. It doesn't really matter now, what's done is done, but Karl Robinson is a far better manager than Neilson. What a bloody mess we are in!

I was also gutted when Karl was sacked, he was extremely loyal to the club even when he had offers from Championship clubs, and did more to move the club forward than anyone other than Pete, from speaking to him you could tell he genuinely loved the club and put everything into it. I think he was mostly a victim of lack of real Championship investment in the 15-16 season and bad recruitment 16-17. I don't think anyone could argue he's not a good Manager, he got us to the Championship and is doing extremely well at Charlton given all the circumstances there. I doubt many people thought he would do as well as he has.

Re. RN I couldn't really offer any convincing reason to keep him long term, to be fair to him he has changed tactics and is playing out from the back more rather than ultra-defensive hoofball but I still don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I think the time to get someone else in has passed now, it's clear Pete isn't going to sack him, even though the club is in a worse position than when KR got sacked. I want 'Neilson out' but am resigned to him not going, at least for a while.

You capture my thoughts!

It's amazing how many people claimed they loved Robbo when he was here and wanted him to stay. I just remember Dons50.

Top of my head, Brando and Camdenite.

Excuse me!? I had two bloody banners for that bloke and left the stadium early amidst the abuse he was getting at Southend because I couldn’t handle being amongst those criticising him.

I probably didn't say it on here, but anyone who knows me knew I was disgusted with the treatment Robbo got from our fans, which lead to his sacking. He wasn't given the time he deserved to re-build. As I said before it doesn't matter now. You reap what you sow! As Oliver Hardy once said "That's a another fine mess you've gotton me into! Lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qcj2MzPYc