THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:53 pm 
Its the Championship season all over again. You can picture it now in a years time while we’re mid table in League 2, Winkie admitting he regrets not acting decisively and sacking the manager at the right time.

Winkie either needs to a) sack Neilson now or b) back him completely and invest heavily in the squad this window, spend money and reinforce the squad. 6+ players needed.

Doing neither = relegation certainty.

This squad and/or manager have proven now that things arent changing for the better if the squad and/or manager remain.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:56 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Its the Championship season all over again. You can picture it now in a years time while we’re mid table in League 2, Winkie admitting he regrets not acting decisively and sacking the manager at the right time.

Winkie either needs to a) sack Neilson now or b) back him completely and invest heavily in the squad this window, spend money and reinforce the squad. 6+ players needed.

This squad and/or manager have proven now that things arent changing for the better if the squad and/or manager remain.

I would say three. A left back, a winger and another one who can add something special.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:58 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:

He has no money to invest in the squad, that has been abundantly clear for years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:59 pm 

hyper wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

He has no money to invest in the squad, that has been abundantly clear for years.

I thought we were supposed to be one of the higher investors and Golbourne's return will free up money as will Lewie leaving on loan, plus Tshibola's return must have freed up funds.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:10 pm 
hyper wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

Not true. This year’s budget was the biggest we’ve had in League One, ever. Which makes this season even more painful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:12 pm 

No one who backs RN has answered my initial question with a serious answer - name ONE reason, convincing, why you feel RN should have more time.

If I could see a chick of light, I would be happy to give him more time - but I honestly can think of nothing. I certainly do not wish to go down to L2 (although it would be fun to play new clubs and see new grounds !) as it could take a while to get back up to L1 again....and surely we are an established L1 club ? That is our natural level, with a potential of being Championship.

I have a secondary question too - if RN survives and we stay up, even if by only just avoiding relegation by a whisker, would you want him out in the summer ? Surely no-one would argue he should have another season after this showing ?

See what I mean ? No glimmer of hope...so why not cut our losses now, get a man in who will keep us up, and kick on from there in August ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:15 pm 

Galverion wrote:
No one who backs RN has answered my initial question with a serious answer - name ONE reason, convincing, why you feel RN should have more time.

If I could see a chick of light, I would be happy to give him more time - but I honestly can think of nothing. I certainly do not wish to go down to L2 (although it would be fun to play new clubs and see new grounds !) as it could take a while to get back up to L1 again....and surely we are an established L1 club ? That is our natural level, with a potential of being Championship.

I have a secondary question too - if RN survives and we stay up, even if by only just avoiding relegation by a whisker, would you want him out in the summer ? Surely no-one would argue he should have another season after this showing ?

See what I mean ? No glimmer of hope...so why not cut our losses now, get a man in who will keep us up, and kick on from there in August ?

So you asked the question but didn't get answers you wanted even though you wouldn't believe in them anyway. :lol: In regards to summer or even before ( a lot before) that is a different question and one Pete will have to consider seriously

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:20 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:

So you asked the question but didn't get answers you wanted even though you wouldn't believe in them anyway. :lol: In regards to summer or even before ( a lot before) that is a different question and one Pete will have to consider seriously

Lol ! It is true I can genuinely see no reason, but I wanted a pro-RN person to convince me otherwise - as I may blindly be missing something. Almost giving RN a "chance" for someone to back him, lol !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:23 pm 

Galverion wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Lol ! It is true I can genuinely see no reason, but I wanted a pro-RN person to convince me otherwise - as I may blindly be missing something. Almost giving RN a "chance" for someone to back him, lol !

Even if they was a Neilson fan and these seem few on the ground, I doubt anything they would say would convince you as you have made up your mind or to turn it around what could Robbie do to convince you to change your mind?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:28 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Galverion wrote:

Even if they was a Neilson fan and these seem few on the ground, I doubt anything they would say would convince you as you have made up your mind or to turn it around what could Robbie do to convince you to change your mind?

Fair question....I suppose the only thing that would change my mind is if the players themselves said there is a good team spirit building, in training etc - a "glimmer of hope" thing like that would at least be something promising.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next