THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
This game is pretty big to be honest.

A win, and a decent 5th round draw could ensure 2 new lines are added to Robbie and Pete's MS Project plan, under the work stream 'recruitment'.

KR signed Spence and Baker following that Man United game. The FA Cup could save our season.....and of course THE PROJECT. :lol:

Money that we cant spend till summer and will probably never see.

On a side point if we stay up or go down. Neilson needs to go in the summer regardless. Fuck another 12 months of shit with a shit manager shit players and shit all going for us

They will probably take a punt, knowing what's coming. 4 days is a long time in the old transfer market.

I can take losses, but we don't play with any threat. Last Saturday, we booted a corner all the way back to the keeper. I fear we will lose and I'm pretty sure we will be outnumbered which is embarrassing. All clubs have larger gates when they are doing well.

We didn't on Saturday.

But that opening 30 minutes against Peterborough was some of the most threatening football we had played all season. We should have been 3-0 up.

Funnily enough, I think we'll lose Saturday.....but win this one.

One game here and there is not good enough. No clubs fear us anymore and that is bad. At least at home we should be more intimidating.

As for the transfer window. It all seems too quiet for me were we not told a signing should have been announced early this week?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:36 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

A win, and a decent 5th round draw could ensure 2 new lines are added to Robbie and Pete's MS Project plan, under the work stream 'recruitment'.

KR signed Spence and Baker following that Man United game. The FA Cup could save our season.....and of course THE PROJECT. :lol:

On a side point if we stay up or go down. Neilson needs to go in the summer regardless. Fuck another 12 months of shit with a shit manager shit players and shit all going for us

They will probably take a punt, knowing what's coming. 4 days is a long time in the old transfer market.

I can take losses, but we don't play with any threat. Last Saturday, we booted a corner all the way back to the keeper. I fear we will lose and I'm pretty sure we will be outnumbered which is embarrassing. All clubs have larger gates when they are doing well.

We didn't on Saturday.

But that opening 30 minutes against Peterborough was some of the most threatening football we had played all season. We should have been 3-0 up.

Think I would take one win out of the two games which pretty much says how shit we’ve become, the league is the important one for me but weighing up the financial benefits of winning the cup game then maybe that would be better?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:39 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

We didn't on Saturday.

One game here and there is not good enough. No clubs fear us anymore and that is bad. At least at home we should be more intimidating.

As for the transfer window. It all seems too quiet for me were we not told a signing should have been announced early this week?

Nope, last week. Great we’re still after top targets but matches are being played and points being dropped while we wait.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

We didn't on Saturday.

Nope, last week. Great we’re still after top targets but matches are being played and points being dropped while we wait.

And again we suffer the same bullshit that we suffer every January we wait and wait and then in the last week we panic and get some shit loans in. I know that is not the case all the time. a few Jan loans have been top notch Barnes for one, but I get the feeling the club don't know what time of the year January falls in.

Just to keep in relevant to the thread. Coventry are going to win!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:12 pm 

Just to keep in relevant to the thread. Coventry are going to win![/quote]

And they have sold 31 million tickets compared to our 409 :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm 

Aliramone wrote:

And they have sold 31 million tickets compared to our 409 :([/quote]
And have we got to 8 pages yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:19 pm 

leodon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

And they have sold 31 million tickets compared to our 409 :(

And have we got to 8 pages yet.[/quote]
Nope - trying again ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:30 pm 

By the time we get to this fixture ......the only ones in SMK will possibly be Cov supporters, as thousands shamelessly abandon their Club ........some people never learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:33 pm 

WellDon wrote:
By the time we get to this fixture ......the only ones in SMK will possibly be Cov supporters, as thousands shamelessly abandon their Club ........some people never learn.

Perhaps we can give them the home end.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:49 pm 

Still looking forward to the game - the magic of the cup and all that!

Of course things are far from rosy (understatement of the year, I know) but a good cup win will make things feel a whole lot better, at least until the draw for the next round

Refusing to be completely ground down...

;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next