THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:19 pm 

So I've just purchased two tickets for tonight's friendly, and I foolishly decided to select digital tickets. I've received an email confirming my payment but I can't find where the actual barcode to scan is. The Email says at the bottom if you have selected digital tickets they will be visible in your account 72 hours after purchase - which is not much help. Anyone able to help? Otherwise I guess I'll pop to the box office tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:40 pm 

You've definitely not been foolish. That is just a dumb way of selling tickets. An e-ticket should be delivered instantly. I can't help unfortunetly, but I'd give them a call. Maybe it is one of those things that says 'within 72 hours' but in fact you get it within an hour or so.

On another note, its pretty much sold out tonight and there are no 2 seats together left. They've only opened 3 blocks. Why on earth not open a few more and sell more tickets? It never fails to piss me off how this club goes out of its way to prevent it's own supporters from being able to attend matches. A sea of empty seats in front of you, but you can't sit with your family as you can only get single seats.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:35 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
You've definitely not been foolish. That is just a dumb way of selling tickets. An e-ticket should be delivered instantly. I can't help unfortunetly, but I'd give them a call. Maybe it is one of those things that says 'within 72 hours' but in fact you get it within an hour or so.

On another note, its pretty much sold out tonight and there are no 2 seats together left. They've only opened 3 blocks. Why on earth not open a few more and sell more tickets? It never fails to piss me off how this club goes out of its way to prevent it's own supporters from being able to attend matches. A sea of empty seats in front of you, but you can't sit with your family as you can only get single seats.

To do with staffing and ground safety rules I imagine. Not anything we can do much about.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:37 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
So I've just purchased two tickets for tonight's friendly, and I foolishly decided to select digital tickets. I've received an email confirming my payment but I can't find where the actual barcode to scan is. The Email says at the bottom if you have selected digital tickets they will be visible in your account 72 hours after purchase - which is not much help. Anyone able to help? Otherwise I guess I'll pop to the box office tonight.

Maybe a different app because it's Ticketmaster - I can't see any info on this which is a bit remiss of the box office. Hope they iron it out before the first day of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:40 pm 

Panic over. I've just had another email (around 2 hours after I placed the order) with the option to add the tickets to my wallet.

Doesn't exactly seem like the best system, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:57 pm 

I’ve just done the same.

No options anywhere that I can find to actually show me the tickets. The help says call the box office. The box office number says they’re closed.

Joyful start to the season.

Btw they had loads of tickets showing - almost the whole of a lower block.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:12 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Panic over. I've just had another email (around 2 hours after I placed the order) with the option to add the tickets to my wallet.

Me too.

It's a bit clunky - needed to access webmail on my iPhone then click on 'add to wallet'. It's surprising there's no download/print option - I use ticketmaster a fair bit for gigs (not out of choice I hasten to add) and haven't come across this issue before.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:59 pm 

voxish wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:

Me too.

It's a bit clunky - needed to access webmail on my iPhone then click on 'add to wallet'. It's surprising there's no download/print option - I use ticketmaster a fair bit for gigs (not out of choice I hasten to add) and haven't come across this issue before.

I had the same worry. Then I read that it could take 72hrs to send the tickets!
Took a couple of hours to appear on email but all sorted now.
The season tickets will be much better as it will only need to be saved in your wallet once and will remain all season.

It also looks like another block is open so lots of seats together

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:21 pm 

Second email came through - tickets downloaded and now in our seats.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:23 pm 

Couldn't make tonight. Bizzare that you have to pay Pompey £5 and sign up with them to watch a game hosted by us.