THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Castore
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:01 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Their contract with Newcastle has ran tbf, most clubs change suppliers after a few years.

I do think it's been pretty disastourous though. Praying we avoid Macron, Kappa or Errea next, mind

Not sure that is true, a quick google and it says it runs out in 2026.

Yeah, pretty sure I heard they were terminating early. "Mutual consent" and all that jazz.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:09 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Their contract with Newcastle has ran tbf, most clubs change suppliers after a few years.

I do think it's been pretty disastourous though. Praying we avoid Macron, Kappa or Errea next, mind

There are numerous sites saying it was ended in late September.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:38 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Recent SB Meeting...

SC informed Castore are suffering from growing pains due to their rapid expansion. Growing pains or just not caring about MK Dons.

I don't see how making ugly kits and being too lazy to stitch badges has anything to do with expansion particularly when they are releasing new training kit ranges ever few months for Premier League sides. They're just shit. Villa and Newcastle both sacking them off for Adidas

Almost as if it is a cover up answer!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:12 am 

CleanDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Recent SB Meeting...

SC informed Castore are suffering from growing pains due to their rapid expansion. Growing pains or just not caring about MK Dons.

I don't see how making ugly kits and being too lazy to stitch badges has anything to do with expansion particularly when they are releasing new training kit ranges ever few months for Premier League sides. They're just shit. Villa and Newcastle both sacking them off for Adidas

I'm no fan of Castore. But struggling with rapid expansion is a genuine challenge for businesses. But that's not as much fun as conspiracy theories.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:25 am 

keyser soze wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Recent SB Meeting...

I'm no fan of Castore. But struggling with rapid expansion is a genuine challenge for businesses. But that's not as much fun as conspiracy theories.

Well that all well and good but my youngest is still waiting for either the goods or a refund for an item purchased in early December. The original excuse was 'Delays due to Black Friday Demand' but now they just dont respond.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:29 am 

Magpie wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Recent SB Meeting...

Well that all well and good but my youngest is still waiting for either the goods or a refund for an item purchased in early December. The original excuse was 'Delays due to Black Friday Demand' but now they just dont respond.

I'm not saying that they are not shit. They clearly are, But growth will have made them even more shite.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:38 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Magpie wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Recent SB Meeting...

I'm not saying that they are not shit. They clearly are, But growth will have made them even more shite.

Yes but growth doesnt really account for not dispatching a single item given the six weeks it has taken so far or issuing a refund. If thats the level they are currently at, then growth wont be an issue!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:41 am 

DippyDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

There are numerous sites saying it was ended in late September.

Yes it ended 2 years earlier than the original deal was meant to, hence my original comment saying they sacked them off.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:17 pm 

Magpie wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Recent SB Meeting...

Yep - expansion of the company external means they expand internal. The two brothers that own the company are smart people - they know what they are doing - they wont have not employed. It just feels like a really weak excuse to cover up what has been an awful partnership.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:30 pm 

Let’s face it, MKDons are not exactly a major market. Only 6000 odd average home gate, the majority of whom don’t wear club colours.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next