THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Castore
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:06 pm 

After all this, punting out school uniform jumpers as merch suddenly doesn't seem so bad, does it?

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:01 am 
Looks like the team finally have proper training gear with the club badge on them, new red training tops?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:04 am 

What gets me is two Youtubers Smiv and Thogdan voted our kits in the top 5. Smiv even voted it the best kit in League 1. Absolutely bizarre. Maybe I will see it in person and think differently, but at the moment its a no from me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:09 am 

Russybcool wrote:
What gets me is two Youtubers Smiv and Thogdan voted our kits in the top 5. Smiv even voted it the best kit in League 1. Absolutely bizarre. Maybe I will see it in person and think differently, but at the moment its a no from me.

Who?! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:55 am 

Russybcool wrote:

This just made me feel very old and I'm in my 20s... I have no idea who these people are.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:08 am 

They should change their name to Castor Oil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:10 am 

SteelbackDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

This just made me feel very old and I'm in my 20s... I have no idea who these people are.

Two morons with very bad taste in clothing!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:49 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
YouTube is one of the things I do use - unlike Twitter, Facebook, TikTok etc - but I have absolutely no interest in any of the 'Youtubers'. As soon as I hear someone's a YouTuber, TikToker, Social Media Influencer... I know they're not for me. :lol:

They can all be summed up in two words: "professional narcissists".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:29 pm 

Smiv's channel is actually really interesting showing off trips to grounds from all levels in the country. The only issue is that when he came to us he stood near me and now my god awful hairline is gracing YouTube with 211,000 views.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:25 pm 

I think we need to cut the club some slack over the kits.

I’d be pretty sure that a bit of player (& staff) pressure meant that Castore were handed the contract.

Castore seem to follow the same business model as GymShark (link below) in terms of “user engagement” and I bet this was down to our players seeing Castore about in gyms, on runs etc. and the wow factor of a few big teams lining up in their gear. Yes, it may be slightly superior and, if their blurb is to be believe, revolutionary, in terms of the textiles used, but cost to the average consumer (us) was probably never a consideration, and neither was design.

It appears that Castore, like GymShark, are much more engaged with personal fitness plans for their average consumer (i.e. regular gym users) and there’s a subscription service offered, which is their real money spinner. Now, it doesn’t take much imagination to think that they do deals with sports teams to offer that same level of personal service and data. That’s probably the upside for the club.

https://productmint.com/gymshark-busine ... ake-money/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next