THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Castore
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:57 pm 

Zen wrote:
Has anyone had issues with Castore for Christmas stuff?

I ordered some stuff 2 weeks ago from the online dons shop- still not turned up which isn’t great considering Christmas now imminent … I just get an automated reply when I email to ask where the stuff is . It just says they are behind due to surge of demand on Black Friday.

My son’s kit for this season isn’t in the best shape after a few washes either.

I quite like some of castores stuff but there are definite ‘ growing pains’ evident as a business.

Don't find the quality as good as people make out to be honest

There is no excuse for people on not recieving orders then poor comms too. That sort of thing destroys a companies reputation pretty much forever

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:54 pm 

I was looking for an MK Dons bobble hat as a present, which you would think was a fairly standard item. But nothing except generic Santa hats showing on the club store website, and not a sign of a phone number to ring. When I did find a number via Google, it doesn’t work.

Do they actually want to sell anything?

Edit - and then when I did try dropping in while passing, the shop was closed. My fault perhaps, but if anyone can find the opening hours online you are doing better than me. So then of course I had to pay for the parking! £1.30 down already and still no hat.
Perhaps we should support someone else.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:20 pm 

Leighton wrote:

Who's been making out that it's good? I don't know anyone who doesn't think Castore gear is crap. :lol:

I've got some England cricket stuff that's Castore and that's pretty mediocre, too.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:25 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Leighton wrote:

Who's been making out that it's good? I don't know anyone who doesn't think Castore gear is crap. :lol:

I've got some England cricket stuff that's Castore and that's pretty mediocre, too.

And I bet that was close to three figures? I like the blue kit. First one I have liked since the Nike days but I hate castore and don't really want to line their pockets. The club won't lose out on much cause I think they get £5 if that (clubs get 7.5-15% and that's if they are big clubs). How are they still in business is beyond me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:50 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Leighton wrote:

I always have it in my head they at least brand it as a better quality kit....clearly isn't

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:28 pm 

I've nearly ourchased a Castore hoodie in the past which was tremendous quality, but didn't do it in the end. But the football gear they seem to cut corners. The lack of stitching on badges etc is embarrassing

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:09 pm 

Recent SB Meeting...

SC informed Castore are suffering from growing pains due to their rapid expansion. Growing pains or just not caring about MK Dons.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:38 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
Recent SB Meeting...

SC informed Castore are suffering from growing pains due to their rapid expansion. Growing pains or just not caring about MK Dons.

I don't see how making ugly kits and being too lazy to stitch badges has anything to do with expansion particularly when they are releasing new training kit ranges ever few months for Premier League sides. They're just shit. Villa and Newcastle both sacking them off for Adidas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:04 am 

Their contract with Newcastle has ran tbf, most clubs change suppliers after a few years.

I do think it's been pretty disastourous though. Praying we avoid Macron, Kappa or Errea next, mind

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:59 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Their contract with Newcastle has ran tbf, most clubs change suppliers after a few years.

I do think it's been pretty disastourous though. Praying we avoid Macron, Kappa or Errea next, mind

Not sure that is true, a quick google and it says it runs out in 2026.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next