THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Castore
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:17 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
I think we need to cut the club some slack over the kits.

I’d be pretty sure that a bit of player (& staff) pressure meant that Castore were handed the contract.

Castore seem to follow the same business model as GymShark (link below) in terms of “user engagement” and I bet this was down to our players seeing Castore about in gyms, on runs etc. and the wow factor of a few big teams lining up in their gear. Yes, it may be slightly superior and, if their blurb is to be believe, revolutionary, in terms of the textiles used, but cost to the average consumer (us) was probably never a consideration, and neither was design.

It appears that Castore, like GymShark, are much more engaged with personal fitness plans for their average consumer (i.e. regular gym users) and there’s a subscription service offered, which is their real money spinner. Now, it doesn’t take much imagination to think that they do deals with sports teams to offer that same level of personal service and data. That’s probably the upside for the club.

https://productmint.com/gymshark-busine ... ake-money/

I'll cut them some slack if/when that can confirm that they had nothing to do with the designs. :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:52 am 

Camdenite wrote:
I think we need to cut the club some slack over the kits.

I’d be pretty sure that a bit of player (& staff) pressure meant that Castore were handed the contract.

Castore seem to follow the same business model as GymShark (link below) in terms of “user engagement” and I bet this was down to our players seeing Castore about in gyms, on runs etc. and the wow factor of a few big teams lining up in their gear. Yes, it may be slightly superior and, if their blurb is to be believe, revolutionary, in terms of the textiles used, but cost to the average consumer (us) was probably never a consideration, and neither was design.

It appears that Castore, like GymShark, are much more engaged with personal fitness plans for their average consumer (i.e. regular gym users) and there’s a subscription service offered, which is their real money spinner. Now, it doesn’t take much imagination to think that they do deals with sports teams to offer that same level of personal service and data. That’s probably the upside for the club.

https://productmint.com/gymshark-busine ... ake-money/

I did say similar that we are not Castore's customers. So long as the players are comfortable then jonny xxxl fan can suck it up. What I do find surprising is how well received it has been by some outside the confines of le stad MK. We all hate it, but people on the interweb love it. I think Smiv had a wet one cause the Suzuki logo is all black instead of the big S being red like it usually is and black and white work well. Until I see it in person I am not going to 100% shit on it, but it looks like someone else beat me to it from the pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:17 am 

Russybcool wrote:
I am not going to 100% shit on it, but it looks like someone else beat me to it from the pictures.

You have pictures of someone shitting on one of our shirts?

Do you have a glass-top coffee table?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:37 am 

In the minority but I really like both kits but then I spend most of my days covered in lorry oil so used to it :lol: kidding aside I’m a big fan of the kits and the material and fit on first impressions look lovely! Won’t be getting any kits till after Christmas as saving to buy a house but would hate to leave it too long and miss out as I say I really like them. Just need a black or yellow or blue and yellow third kit to drop now!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:41 am 

THRILLHO wrote:
In the minority but I really like both kits but then I spend most of my days covered in lorry oil so used to it :lol: kidding aside I’m a big fan of the kits and the material and fit on first impressions look lovely! Won’t be getting any kits till after Christmas as saving to buy a house but would hate to leave it too long and miss out as I say I really like them. Just need a black or yellow or blue and yellow third kit to drop now!

Drop in what? Dog shit?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:23 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:

Drop in what? Dog shit?

Well we’ve had oil, paint, so maybe now it’s time for plaster! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:07 pm 

Put a terrible back of shirt sponsor on it now too. Fuck it let's make it like a Ligue 1 or Mexican kit with 20 odd sponsors on it to cover up as much of the oil as possible

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-K6UGPtM9dMY/ ... 5%2529.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:12 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Put a terrible back of shirt sponsor on it now too. Fuck it let's make it like a Ligue 1 or Mexican kit with 20 odd sponsors on it to cover up as much of the oil as possible

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-K6UGPtM9dMY/ ... 5%2529.jpg

Funny you pick Leon - I have one of their shirts from when I went to one of their games in Mexico about ten years ago. It has sponsors all over it, but it's not quite as bad as that one. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:06 pm 

Just saw Winkie's video about the kits - defending the "brilliant" design and taking full responsibility for it.

"The only criticism.I will take on board is the shorts should have the same pattern". Really, Pete, thats the only one? I really hope the sales figures are through the floor with this one - maybe then Winkie will take that on board too.

"Blame me, not Castore". Will do Pete! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:11 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Just saw Winkie's video about the kits - defending the "brilliant" design and taking full responsibility for it.

"The only criticism.I will take on board is the shorts should have the same pattern". Really, Pete, thats the only one? I really hope the sales figures are through the floor with this one - maybe then Winkie will take that on board too.

"Blame me, not Castore". Will do Pete! :lol:

Ah Pete, as much as I like the guy, the fact he likes the kit doesn't do it any favours. Hardly a fashion icon. Looks like his been dragged through a bush most days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next