THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Castore
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:45 pm 

I've always tried my hardest to defend Winkelman and the club when it comes to the commercial side and the attempts to grow the fanbase and income, probably due to Stockholm Syndrome. However, I've really struggled to justify the majority of the overall decisions made for the footballing side of the business over the last 18-24 months.

In a 4th vs 3rd crunch game at the end of the season, allowing our kit provider to sell away shirts at our ground is beyond defensible.

Answers are needed, otherwise jobs should be at risk.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:19 pm 

FFS… add to that, big crowd but only one of the bars open in the Cowshed bar. And the bogs at gate 6 still have the posters promoting Christmas dinners. Lots of big things and many more small things point to this club being fucked off the field.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:48 pm 

Remind me again that you lot are on the ball, Winkelbot?

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:53 pm 

And I repeat. Fuck Castore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:36 pm 

Can the club not at least try and pretend that they still give a fuck?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:52 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Can the club not at least try and pretend that they still give a fuck?

first time yesterday I've seen them trying to flog stuff inside the ground ? Kiosk open behind block 11.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:15 am 

Gravel Path to Martti wrote:
I've always tried my hardest to defend Winkelman and the club when it comes to the commercial side and the attempts to grow the fanbase and income, probably due to Stockholm Syndrome. However, I've really struggled to justify the majority of the overall decisions made for the footballing side of the business over the last 18-24 months.

In a 4th vs 3rd crunch game at the end of the season, allowing our kit provider to sell away shirts at our ground is beyond defensible.

I don’t really see the issue with Castore selling to their fans at their end of the ground. If we’d took 3,500 to Field Mill yesterday then I’m sure Castore would have done the same thing there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:39 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Gravel Path to Martti wrote:

I don’t really see the issue with Castore selling to their fans at their end of the ground. If we’d took 3,500 to Field Mill yesterday then I’m sure Castore would have done the same thing there.

Agree with this. For all the problems we've got, on and off the pitch and definitely with Castore, I don't think this is one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:30 am 

Personally I couldn't care less if they're trying to sell opposition shirts. I don't either wear replica strips or indeed go to the away end. So they can do what they want. However. It's not a good look for the club,, especially when you consider all the other not good looks we've had over the last couple of seasons. But it is what it is. The club would appear to be completely tone deaf to supporters.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:12 pm 

The club handed over all running of the club shop to Castore. I don't get what input they could do even if they wanted to.

Furthermore, are you surprised with Castore. This is a company that spent more shelf space just before Christmas selling their own training kit rather than our training kit.

Anyway I got a mug out of it, which is what I wanted since the handle fell off my old one last season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21