THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:28 pm 
Winkie needs to take these steps:

1. Sack Neilson ASAP and the team he brought with him (except the sports analyst guy, he can stick around, can't hurt can it)
2. Bring in an experienced ex-manager who knows the club to steady the ship until the end of the season (Ince mk3 or RdM) with Rubio as assistant now that the academy season is over.
3. Give another in-depth video interview explaining how he was wrong to leave it so long and how he should listen to the fans more (just as he said back in 2004)
4. Spend the next few months looking for a new manager that has EFL experience, and at least one promotion on his CV
5. Bring that manager in a few weeks before the end of the season to assess the current squad whilst Ince/RdM are still there

The new manager needs to:

1. Get rid of all of players that just aren't cutting it for one reason or another - Muirhead, Rasulo, Furlong and possibly Wootton too.
2. Have the recruitment team focus on experienced EFL players, with a priority on permanent deals and not loanees
3. Once a core squad of permanently signed players is in place, focus on exciting young talent on loan to supplement the squad
4. Get business done as early as possible in order for the team to 'gel' (so we don't have that shite reason if we are performing poorly in the first few months of the season)
5. Get a proper pre-season in against decent opposition (National League North/South and above) not cannon fodder 15th tier sides

The club as a whole need to:

1. Improve communication with fans instead of being patronising - when times are shit to acknowledge that and not just spit out the same soundbites from players about wanting to improve, but to actually be in touch with supporter sentiment. When times are great, then to be positive, but when times aren't so great, to acknowledge that in some way rather than ignoring supporters.
2. Push for the training ground site to be completed as a high priority and to keep fans updated with each step to show that the club are focused on the task.
3. Improve their social media output - less repetition of the same stories from a day earlier, more unique content for supporters (perhaps more in-depth interviews with players, or fun videos involving challenges for the squad - Man City do a GREAT job of this on their social media). Be a bit more light hearted!
4. Improve the connection between supporters and the club/squad/staff - not sure how they accomplish that but we've definitely lost 'something' over the last few years.
5. Ensure that our academy continues to thrive, retain our best staff (Edu Rubio) and continue to maintain and build upon the quality in this area.

The MKDSA need to:

1. Represent fan concerns more openly and directly with the club. Yes they do a lot behind the scenes, but a hell of a lot more needs to be done to show the work being done.
2. Actively represent supporter feeling more strongly with the club rather than take a neutral position which they seem to.

Sorted.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:31 pm 

How did the sports analyst guy escape? Has he paid you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:32 pm 
I'll pre-empt that either (or both) dons50 or ReturnofMoo will disagree with something in that post.

EDIT: Too slow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:33 pm 
ReturnofMoo wrote:
How did the sports analyst guy escape? Has he paid you?

Okay, if that's your only criticism then he can go too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 pm 

With what money do you propose the club does these things with?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
I'll pre-empt that either (or both) dons50 or ReturnofMoo will disagree with something in that post.

You have me wrong, they seem sensible ideas in the circumstances, but I will hold off until the Cobblers game, before I say I support the removal of Neilson . That guy is a Houdini and as I said before, he is holding on by his fingers, but if the impossible happens, the two new loanees make a difference and we get a few wins, then I wouldn't agree to his sacking and if he don't then only Pete can decide when as only he has the full facts. In regards to the communication, of course it can be improved, but we are not Man City and as long as we get a few wins, I'm not worried that the players give soundbites, often provided by the club.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:40 pm 
Don Direction wrote:

What makes you think we can't afford to do those things?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Don Direction wrote:

What makes you think we can't afford to do those things?

I can read a set of financial statements.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Winkie needs to take these steps:

1. Sack Neilson ASAP and the team he brought with him (except the sports analyst guy, he can stick around, can't hurt can it)
2. Bring in an experienced ex-manager who knows the club to steady the ship until the end of the season (Ince mk3 or RdM) with Rubio as assistant now that the academy season is over.
3. Give another in-depth video interview explaining how he was wrong to leave it so long and how he should listen to the fans more (just as he said back in 2004)
4. Spend the next few months looking for a new manager that has EFL experience, and at least one promotion on his CV
5. Bring that manager in a few weeks before the end of the season to assess the current squad whilst Ince/RdM are still there

The new manager needs to:

1. Get rid of all of players that just aren't cutting it for one reason or another - Muirhead, Rasulo, Furlong and possibly Wootton too.
2. Have the recruitment team focus on experienced EFL players, with a priority on permanent deals and not loanees
3. Once a core squad of permanently signed players is in place, focus on exciting young talent on loan to supplement the squad
4. Get business done as early as possible in order for the team to 'gel' (so we don't have that shite reason if we are performing poorly in the first few months of the season)
5. Get a proper pre-season in against decent opposition (National League North/South and above) not cannon fodder 15th tier sides

The club as a whole need to:

1. Improve communication with fans instead of being patronising - when times are shit to acknowledge that and not just spit out the same soundbites from players about wanting to improve, but to actually be in touch with supporter sentiment. When times are great, then to be positive, but when times aren't so great, to acknowledge that in some way rather than ignoring supporters.
2. Push for the training ground site to be completed as a high priority and to keep fans updated with each step to show that the club are focused on the task.
3. Improve their social media output - less repetition of the same stories from a day earlier, more unique content for supporters (perhaps more in-depth interviews with players, or fun videos involving challenges for the squad - Man City do a GREAT job of this on their social media). Be a bit more light hearted!
4. Improve the connection between supporters and the club/squad/staff - not sure how they accomplish that but we've definitely lost 'something' over the last few years.
5. Ensure that our academy continues to thrive, retain our best staff (Edu Rubio) and continue to maintain and build upon the quality in this area.

The MKDSA need to:

1. Represent fan concerns more openly and directly with the club. Yes they do a lot behind the scenes, but a hell of a lot more needs to be done to show the work being done.
2. Actively represent supporter feeling more strongly with the club rather than take a neutral position which they seem to.

Sorted.

Have you thought of applying for the chairmans's job
If not there has to be a job there for you somewhere :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:45 pm 

Still not found a woman then Filthy?