THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wobblers away
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:28 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
inspector gadget wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
How far is Sixfields from the station? And which direction does one head in to get to it?
Never heard of Google maps?

30 minutes walk turn left

I was just going to say 30 mins walk myself, except I was going to say turn right. But it's a while since I went by train so you'll be right (or should I say left). I remember it's a long, monotonous walk just straight onwards. But it's worth it at the end because it's a beautiful ground when you get there. ;)

Actually I might drive (although that means no booze :shock: :shock: :shock: ) so apart from the stadium where should one park (safely natch)

I usually go in the car park right next to the ground Ali, (sort of behind the away end) not badly priced iirc, easy to park and get out of. Downside is that it’s not tarmac, doesn’t open very early either in case you’re planning on going early.

Thanks - and also to ReturnofMoo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:26 pm 

Seems like the wobblers have a campaign for the game on Saturday, you just know everybody loves us really :lol:

http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehote ... ic=16900.0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 pm 

If we lose this surely neilson needs the sack. I was going to go to this but we were so boring against the scum I'm not going to waste my money.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:38 pm 

Mk59don wrote:
If we lose this surely neilson needs the sack. I was going to go to this but we were so boring against the scum I'm not going to waste my money.

Understand what you are saying, I’ve questioned my own sanity more than once for buying tickets for this but it really is an important game for us so have a rethink and come and support the team.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:44 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Seems like the wobblers have a campaign for the game on Saturday, you just know everybody loves us really :lol:

Good for them. What’s wrong with trying to sell out their stadium for a local derby six pointer when they’re in good spirits? To be fairly honest I wish we could do that.

Quote:

Sums up the difference between clubs then. Northampton are trying to sell out and create a good vibe around their club and create an atmosphere against a rival. We aren’t turning up for a big game simply because our r form is trash and clearly only want to turn up for the good times. Go figure.

First time I’ve ever said this but fair play Northampton. Embarrassing l.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:51 pm 

Alby wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

Good for them. What’s wrong with trying to sell out their stadium for a local derby six pointer when they’re in good spirits? To be fairly honest I wish we could do that.

Quote:

Sums up the difference between clubs then. Northampton are trying to sell out and create a good vibe around their club and create an atmosphere against a rival. We aren’t turning up for a big game simply because our r form is trash and clearly only want to turn up for the good times. Go figure.

I go to every home game but won't waste extra money on away games until we improve because I just don't enjoy it at the minute, every teams attendances fall with poor football and poor form.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:53 pm 

Alby wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

Quote:

If our ground only held 7000 I would imagine we would sell out every week. I get what you are saying though, we should sell out our allocation without any bother, problem is we have been so shit for so long therefore people don’t bother.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:08 pm 

Not going. My fence blew down last night, and Saturday looking best weather wise.

Fence one, Cobblers nil.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:09 pm 

Mk59don wrote:
Alby wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:

Quote:

I go to every home game but won't waste extra money on away games until we improve because I just don't enjoy it at the minute, every teams attendances fall with poor football and poor form.

That’s fair enough but not supporting your team because you’re bored is one of a few reasons many call us a plastic fan base. I haven’t enjoyed it all season. I hate this regime. But I’ll still be there to support my side. Not being able to afford it etc is normal but you know you’d be there if we were top of the League or it was a figh for a playoff spot. Why does a relegation battle mean any less? It’s still important. About time some of our fans bit a bullet and supported the side.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:22 pm 

Not going, shit away day, going to Walsall instead,, better away day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next