THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wobblers away
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:08 pm 

Steampunk Don wrote:
Please snow! (Or at least very heavy rain!) 8-)

Scottish conditions should suit us.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:39 pm 
With all of the anti-Neilson stuff on here, I just wanted to say I thought Northampton's keeper was fantastic today.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:12 pm 

Evening lads.
A quite entertaining game, and a decent atmosphere. I felt that we shaded the first half, and your late second half onslaught, was only due to our substitutions, Periera and Ariyibi both on, at the same time, was asking for trouble. Especially, as Periera decided to go "walkabout" and play where he wanted, instead of sticking out wide. This left a big gap, which you tried to exploit, but ultimately to no avail.
I felt that, our keeper had a decent game, and was probably the difference between us. Aneke was very silly. JJ had his hands around his shoulders, and probably deserved a yellow for that, but a punch in the mouth as a response, is just crass stupidity on his part.
For what its worth, I didnt think that you played too badly. You were quite incisive and sharp at times. Keep the faith, you never know what will happen next. Only a month ago, I was convinced that we were down. Now Im not so sure.
I have no desire to see you go down, because "local" games have an extra spice to them. Hopefully we will be playing youselves, Luton, Poxford and Boro next season.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:14 pm 
inspector gadget wrote:
Evening lads.
A quite entertaining game, and a decent atmosphere. I felt that we shaded the first half, and your late second half onslaught, was only due to our substitutions, Periera and Ariyibi both on, at the same time, was asking for trouble. Especially, as Periera decided to go "walkabout" and play where he wanted, instead of sticking out wide. This left a big gap, which you tried to exploit, but ultimately to no avail.
I felt that, our keeper had a decent game, and was probably the difference between us. Aneke was very silly. JJ had his hands around his shoulders, and probably deserved a yellow for that, but a punch in the mouth as a response, is just crass stupidity on his part.
For what its worth, I didnt think that you played too badly. You were quite incisive and sharp at times. Keep the faith, you never know what will happen next. Only a month ago, I was convinced that we were down. Now Im not so sure.
I have no desire to see you go down, because "local" games have an extra spice to them. Hopefully we will be playing youselves, Luton, Poxford and Boro next season.

Didn't think Northampton were anything special, just took advantage of our poor defending. Don't know who the really tall lad was that plays in midfield for you, but he played well. And as I mentioned in the post before, your keeper was fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:18 pm 

inspector gadget wrote:
Evening lads.

It’s still a little raw at the moment gadget :( but I thought we were the better side first with the exception of some shit defending.(see your two goals) second half we didn’t start playing until five minutes from time. Yes your keeper had a good game. League 2 here we come!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:28 pm 

As an aside, as anybody ever seen a fatter referee? Chunk needs to get on a treadmill, as a matter of some urgency.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:32 pm 

inspector gadget wrote:
Evening lads.

Shoulders?

Attachments:
17799144_10215257872263828_1201234820306135657_n.jpg
17799144_10215257872263828_1201234820306135657_n.jpg [ 42.66 KiB | Viewed 527 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:40 pm 

Good point, Don Direction. It looked like shoulders, from where I was sitting. In my defence though, I did maintain that he deserved a yellow, for his actions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:02 pm 

That O'Toole is the worst kind of prick - the hard man footballer who puts himself about but then flails about like a little girl when anyone gives it back. Like a League One Robbie Savage.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:06 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
That O'Toole is the worst kind of prick - the hard man footballer who puts himself about but then flails about like a little girl when anyone gives it back. Like a League One Robbie Savage.

:twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next