THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Next round
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:49 pm 

AB4 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Alby wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Will definitely need our lot to put away the excuses and turn up.

Should be relatively cheap, and is replacing a Saturday home game.

Defo, assuming they are allowed the 10k that would surely give us a 20,000 attendance?

You think we will get 10,000 fans?? :lol:

We should have 10,000 if we are serious about having a football club in mk, it’s the fourth round. I know what you are saying though.

I think you are right. It may tempt a few extras out.

Fantastic. I was a bit underwhelmed about the draw but if we give them as many tickets as possible and keep the price low for the game I've changed my mind. Should be a good atmosphere in that case.

They think it will be a walk in the park. Just like another team did at the turn of the year.... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:00 pm 

My willy is quietly confident that the MKD will be in the 5th round draw.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:36 am 

Quite like Cov and have always got on well with their fans I have spoken with, feel sorry for them with basket case owners like shiatsu, a club like them should not be in the situation and league position they are. Looking forward to this game tbh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:35 am 

One of only four teams to beat Luton this season, so beware. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:37 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Alby wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Will definitely need our lot to put away the excuses and turn up.

Should be relatively cheap, and is replacing a Saturday home game.

Defo, assuming they are allowed the 10k that would surely give us a 20,000 attendance?

You think we will get 10,000 fans?? :lol:

We should have 10,000 if we are serious about having a football club in mk, it’s the fourth round. I know what you are saying though.

It may be the fourth round, but it's a game against a League 2 team that season ticket holders have to pay for.

I doubt we will get that many.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:40 pm 

I suppose my initial reaction was of a slight disappointment and rather hoped that we might draw the mighty Spurs.
However, on reflection, it has been my experience that a so-called big draw can get in the way of the job in hand. Our first priority is to pick some league points and like many I feel optimistic that our squad are working to deliver in this direction. A big name draw can certainly hinder progress in that direction by deflecting the attention that the media would certainly attract and likely television coverage. So what do I make of Coventry at home. It has all the makings of an exciting local cup tie with a gate of some 17,000 - great atmosphere, a game to win but not the end of the world if we lose. Certainly better than an away trip to Carlisle or Newport County. So a home tie there for the taking, great day out and not disrupting our squad.
Can't wait

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:59 pm 

wingravedon wrote:
I suppose my initial reaction was of a slight disappointment and rather hoped that we might draw the mighty Spurs.
However, on reflection, it has been my experience that a so-called big draw can get in the way of the job in hand. Our first priority is to pick some league points and like many I feel optimistic that our squad are working to deliver in this direction. A big name draw can certainly hinder progress in that direction by deflecting the attention that the media would certainly attract and likely television coverage. So what do I make of Coventry at home. It has all the makings of an exciting local cup tie with a gate of some 17,000 - great atmosphere, a game to win but not the end of the world if we lose. Certainly better than an away trip to Carlisle or Newport County. So a home tie there for the taking, great day out and not disrupting our squad.
Can't wait

This.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:32 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
wingravedon wrote:
Can't wait

This.

Yes, this.

An excellent, well reasoned post. But we must ban this poster now, as he/she is displaying thoughtful, non-emotional, rational thinking!

Burn the witch!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7