THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: QPR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:33 am 

Not been to Loftus Road before, two questions. What is best way to get there from MK, and am I likely to be able to buy tickets at the ground or do I really need to buy today from the club?

Post subject: Re: QPR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:10 am 

I'm catching the train from Bletchley to Shepherds bush and walking to the ground from there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:32 am 

As far as I’m aware you can buy on the day, but I would check the OS.
Train or coach are the best options, as parking is limited in the surrounding area.
You could also drive to Stanmore, loads of parking but will charge, then catch the train.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:11 am 

Remember an incident years back at Loftus Road, around 1984 when I was young. Went to QPR with my dad (a QPR fan) and in those days you just turned up on the day and bought tickets. When we got to the ground, a chap came up to us and said "do you want tickets ?" We thought it was a tout....but very surprised when he said "nothing dodgy, I have to go due an emergency, so you can have these tickets for free"...and they turned out to be 2 of the best tickets at the ground and would have cost a lot. I love generous and kind gestures like this, and at that time when football fans were regarded in society as "the worst of the worst", I think among genuine fans there has always been that spirit towards fans of other clubs. We all love football at the end of the day, and is by far the best sport in the world, no other sport comes near it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:37 am 

Galverion wrote:
Remember an incident years back at Loftus Road, around 1984 when I was young. Went to QPR with my dad (a QPR fan) and in those days you just turned up on the day and bought tickets. When we got to the ground, a chap came up to us and said "do you want tickets ?" We thought it was a tout....but very surprised when he said "nothing dodgy, I have to go due an emergency, so you can have these tickets for free"...and they turned out to be 2 of the best tickets at the ground and would have cost a lot. I love generous and kind gestures like this, and at that time when football fans were regarded in society as "the worst of the worst", I think among genuine fans there has always been that spirit towards fans of other clubs. We all love football at the end of the day, and is by far the best sport in the world, no other sport comes near it.

Great story, so presume from what you said you were sat in the home end?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:33 am 

Tickets are available on the day, but it’s cash only.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:59 am 

Ted wrote:
I'm catching the train from Bletchley to Shepherds bush and walking to the ground from there.

If you're using direct service make sure you check times when you get up as southern are struggling to staff them!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:12 pm 

Otterspocket wrote:
Ted wrote:

If you're using direct service make sure you check times when you get up as southern are struggling to staff them!

Thanks for the tip. Might be easier to go into Euston and out from there?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:14 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Tickets are available on the day, but it’s cash only.

Apparently you can save a fiver if you are a season ticket holder by buying ahead so my missus has kindly agreed to pick me up a ticket today.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:52 pm 

I am driving to Stanmore (40 mins) parking there only a fiver all day during week so less at weekend (think £3.50) - then 50 mins on the tube one change (about £3) - nice and easy and very cheap