THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Second Red
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:18 am 

Lots of other posts on here about the ref and about the rights and wrongs of the reds themselves. But, having now seen the highlights, I want to ask y'all if you felt the reaction of the Posh player influenced the ref's instant decision?

The first red I called right at the time and on review, was a straight red.

The second I didn't see clearly live and, on review, was a very high foot and, as D50 said, was an 'orange'... some refs would give a red, some a yellow. So, you take it on the chin and move on.

But the way their player held his face as if Sow had made contact is shocking. Sow didn't touch him. The Pish player held his face to try and get Sow sent off.

Now, we did a lot of feigning injury yesterday, in a desparate attempt to run down the clock. But at no point did we try and get an oppo player sent off.

Posh - horrible club, horrible owner, horible fans. Just the sort of action you'd expect from a player from that horrible team.

Post subject: Re: The Second Red
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:37 am 

I appreciate the refs have a split second view of it but the guy was desperate to show a red. Allowed no time to consult the officials on the sideline who might have seen it in such a pivotal decision.

Regarding whether it was a red, the thing tgat stood out to me was there was absolutely no force or momentum used by sow, probably because he was pulling out before he made contact. Had there been contact the player wouldnt even get a bruise such was the lack of force. It was a pathetic red in my eyes and absolutely unnecessary after already showing a red moments before in the 1st half, common sense and calming of the situation with a warning surely should have prevailed. Ive seen the same attempt at bringing the ball down go unpunished a million times. There was less force or momentum used than the matt ritchie situation in newcastle vs swansea and the guy got away with a yellow.

It was soft.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:40 am 

Also I will add most referees want to keep 22 men on the pitch playing a fair game and diffuse the situation with a stern word, this guy couldnt wait to start waving cards. Hes a disgrace to the profession and in all my years of watching 21+ games of football a week ive never seen a more incompetent refereeing performance and live he eclipsed deadman's nonsence, it was that bad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:28 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Also I will add most referees want to keep 22 men on the pitch playing a fair game and diffuse the situation with a stern word, this guy couldnt wait to start waving cards. Hes a disgrace to the profession and in all my years of watching 21+ games of football a week ive never seen a more incompetent refereeing performance and live he eclipsed deadman's nonsence, it was that bad.

For a while I had him down there with D’Urso. Then I thought no... D’Urso is the Don Bradman of shit refs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:51 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
So, you take it on the chin and move on.

Sow didn't touch him.

Make your mind up!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:30 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
So, you take it on the chin and move on.

Sow didn't touch him.

Make your mind up!

Ho-ho.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:24 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
keyser soze wrote:
Lots of other posts on here about the ref and about the rights and wrongs of the reds themselves. But, having now seen the highlights, I want to ask y'all if you felt the reaction of the Posh player influenced the ref's instant decision?

But the way their player held his face as if Sow had made contact is shocking. Sow didn't touch him. The Pish player held his face to try and get Sow sent off.

Now, we did a lot of feigning injury yesterday, in a desparate attempt to run down the clock. But at no point did we try and get an oppo player sent off.

Posh - horrible club, horrible owner, horible fans. Just the sort of action you'd expect from a player from that horrible team.

This.

Told that cheating bastard Tafazolli, that he was indeed a cheating bastard amongst cheating bastards, when he came up to the Cowshed goal for a corner soon afterwards - he smiled back with a guilt-laden smile.

An execrable & repulsive club that deserves the kind of players, owners & followers it gets.

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:08 pm 

Neilson said in his presser that we appealed sick notes red card v pish and failed, does that mean he misses 4 games now and not 3?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:29 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Neilson said in his presser that we appealed sick notes red card v pish and failed, does that mean he misses 4 games now and not 3?

Not sure, but does it matter? He’s pretty anonymous anyway......

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:38 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:

Not according to this:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... uspensions

Weirdly Carruthers is still suspended for us!