THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:38 pm 
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
I don't really understand why every day we have this same discussion on here. We are all reasonably well informed on the issues being discussed, so no one is providing any new information to any of us, or even new opinions. It's just the same opinions being repeated over and over again. How many of us are going to change our opinion just because the same thing has been posted for the hundredth time just worded ever so slightly differently?
Surely we've covered this topic for now?

I'm just replying to people in this thread that's all. If people aren't interested in the topic or the thread then there is no need for them to get involved if they don't want to. Just like I don't reply to or even click on certain other threads.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:39 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
You’re not comparing like for like.

Sacking someone after six years for being 19th is not the same as sacking someone after a year in the same league position.

You might disagree with it but it isn’t active mismanagement.

In your opinion it's not. I feel it is.

They both had the same role. This isn't a month or two in. It's over a year now.

If I joined a company as manager, I might be given a few months grace to settle in, but I'd expect 6 months or a year in to be at least as competent as my predecessor, ideally performing considerably better, and if my successful predecessor was sacked for performing badly, then I'd sure as hell expect my job to be under serious threat if I'd performed worse. Robinson had no first team management experience when he took the the job and achieved back to back playoff finishes.

Even if Pete was right to stick with Neilson, it just demonstrates further inconsistency from Pete by not sacking him. I imagine whoever replaces Neilson will have uncertainty around what the parameters are: "well he sacked the popular manager for being in 19th, but then gave the less popular manager more time despite worse results and being in 20th, where do I stand?!"

No, that’s my point.

He sacked one manager after giving him six years. He can’t then sack the next one after such a short space of time. THAT would be inconsistent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:40 pm 
ReturnofMoo wrote:
The new manager would want to know he would be sacked earlier for consistency sake. :lol:

Even if Pete had done the right thing and sacked Neilson a couple of weeks ago, he still would have given him more time than 99% of other clubs. It's not like Neilson hasn't had time, in the world of football.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:40 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Looks like you haven't thought this through. :? Who would interview and appoint A N Other, not Pete surely, as you question his judgement? Maybe not the other Board members either.

What makes you think that I haven't thought it through? I said very clearly that I feel Winkie's position should be under consideration if we are relegated or scrape survival.

My original post wasn't about the technicalities and the very complex process of completely overhauling the club's board of directors, simply that the man at the top with overall responsibility for the major decisions needs to consider his role should things get any worse.

You're clearing trying to find holes wherever you can, when you obviously understand the very simple point I'm trying to make.

You don't believe in Pete's judgement but you want him to select the new manager and new chairman. How odd.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:41 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Looks like you haven't thought this through. :? Who would interview and appoint A N Other, not Pete surely, as you question his judgement? Maybe not the other Board members either.

What makes you think that I haven't thought it through? I said very clearly that I feel Winkie's position should be under consideration .

Under whose consideration? It’s his company.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:42 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
The new manager would want to know he would be sacked earlier for consistency sake. :lol:

Even if Pete had done the right thing and sacked Neilson a couple of weeks ago, he still would have given him more time than 99% of other clubs. It's not like Neilson hasn't had time, in the world of football.

He still may go if the next few results go against us, but to say a new manager would find that reassuring is perverse.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:42 pm 

dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
Brando wrote:
Just to add, frustrating as periods like this can be, it doesn’t make it a crisis. It’s football. It happens. Unless you’re one of a literal handful of clubs, crap seasons and occasional relegations are part of the fun.

Nobody is calling it a crisis, but it's avoidable. I don't understand how you can consider relegation fun. I can put up with mediocre, but active mismanagement of our club at nearly ever level isn't acceptable and shouldn't be to fans who commit a lot of time and money to following the club.

Active mismanagement?

Inconsistent decision making, giving the first team manager a different set of parameters to his predecessor despite nothing else changing (i.e. not sacking Neilson for performing worse than Robinson, being in 20th when Robbo was sacked for being 19th and Pete saying it wasn't acceptable then, why should it be now?).

You’re not comparing like for like.

Sacking someone after six years for being 19th is not the same as sacking someone after a year in the same league position.

You might disagree with it but it isn’t active mismanagement.

This is a great point.

I am getting a little tired of all this really. I for one don't think this club is mismanaged our situation could be so much worse why can you not see that. My kids get in free, I got a free shirt as did my kids and sometimes just sometimes I get to jump out of my seat and celebrate a win and I do truly believe that Pete has the best intentions for this club and works hard to make the right decisions. We need to stick together thought the tough times.

Yes our fooball is not pleasant to watch at the moment but we are MK Dons a team struggling in League One not Barcelona I really don't think we can demand a style of play these are really tough leagues we play in. Budgets are tight we have to deal with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, time for a little bit of intervention as I think this will end up in one of those threads where nobody will back down and will continue to go round and round in circles. With apologies to nobody in particular, thread locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8